Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:07 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,107,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
Have you considered shaving your dome? I'm a huge believer it's way more attractive for a man to take the plunge and solve the problem instead of just letting his hairline wilt away closer to whatever is going on towards the back of his head.

Even if your head's a funny shape!
My face is bad enough with hair but bald id look evne funnier with my huge nose and thin almost non existent lips
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,107,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've seen guys with great hair really botch their look, though, with a bad haircut.

Your hair could work, though, JBT, with the right personality. You could get kind of a Gene Wilder thing going. Check the film: Silver Streak Gene Wilder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My hairs much more thinner then that and not as straight

Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
Have you considered shaving your dome? I'm a huge believer it's way more attractive for a man to take the plunge and solve the problem instead of just letting his hairline wilt away closer to whatever is going on towards the back of his head.

Even if your head's a funny shape!
No, no, don't do this. Work with it. Turn it into kind of a schtick. Much better than the Skinhead look, imo.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Wilder's hair got pretty thin and wild in his later years. Hence the reference to Silver Streak. The linked photo was taken when he was young.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:13 PM

837 posts, read 962,042 times
Quote:
My face is bad enough with hair but bald id look evne funnier with my huge nose and thin almost non existent lips
Do you know who Stanley Tucci is? Evan Handler? Both kind of funny looking in the face and are happily married with respectable female followings. I'm not here to give you makeover advice, I'm just saying I know my fair share of older and younger guys who have experienced balding and instead of looking at it in the mirror daily and dealing with the embarrassment of going to a salon to mask the problem, they go with the dome look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, no, don't do this. Work with it. Turn it into kind of a schtick. Much better than the Skinhead look, imo.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
You sound like a character! Work it, there's definitely an attraction to that. Where did you say you live?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:30 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,893,662 times
Quote:
What about hair loss meds? Keeping hair from falling out is the one aesthetic category where men probably have to work harder than women.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:44 PM

752 posts, read 1,166,067 times
What would be "I have wide hips but no butts". Is it hips = butts or butts mean gluteus? So you can have wide hips but not rounded ones?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:52 PM

837 posts, read 962,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
What about hair loss meds? Keeping hair from falling out is the one aesthetic category where men probably have to work harder than women.
Isn't the only one proven to work proscar/propecia? Those have caused impotence in a significant percentage of men. If I had a pe*** I certainly wouldn't think it was worth the risk to have that go limp in exchange for getting my hair to stand up nice and thick.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:59 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,893,662 times
No thanks on the mental imagery, and no, Proscar/Propecia does not cause impotence in many men. Virtually none, actually. It sometimes weakens erections, usually temporarily, and it tends to lower sperm count. Dutasteride, which is like Proscar, also has been proven to work. Minoxidil is proven, too, but by itself it usually doesn't do much in the long term. (And so I've demonstrated that I do have some special knowledge on this "Look Better" topic.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships