Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 03:16 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,932,513 times

Advertisements

Lots of husbands and wives have these. Its a sure sign of distrust and a bad marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 03:20 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,215,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory patrick View Post
*** on this is boring''' some of ya got a stash,lol... *** clean''
Anyone care to translate this?

Old 07-27-2013, 03:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,192,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I thought maybe it was from a song or something... I just ignored it.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:06 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,004,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I assumed alcohol was involved.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:45 PM

223 posts, read 435,078 times
Almost 23 years together. One checking, one savings, both joint. He checks the checking account balance, but not what I put into savings (I handle the finances). When something large breaks that's when he asks about the savings account if it will damage the checking account too much.

No stash.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:51 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,880,247 times
I never did, but if I could have, I would have. My husband did not purchase life insurance, which I begged him to do when we married. He got killed, I got left with a ton of s**t. I got over it, but if I had put money away over 11 years, I would have been okay. JMO

Old 07-27-2013, 10:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,055,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
You are right. I apologise. I guess I wanted to hear my version of the answers but I have since said if I posted here in the first place I will keep an open mind. I find it hard that nobody stashes some money like what if your hubby is stashing his? Would a lil extra cushion not hurt?:
Sister, I KNOW I've got it good. Why would I risk ruining the trust my husband and I enjoy together, for $25 or even $250 a week on the sly?

Old 07-27-2013, 10:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,055,961 times
To clarify, the first five or six years of our marriage, we had separate accounts. I mean, the other person wasn't even ON our individual accts. That may not havd been the smartest thing, but we had both been badly burned before. Once we knew beyond doubt that we both handled finances responsibly and scrupulously honestly we added the other to our indvidual accts., though we still have "separate"accounts. This cuts down a lot on confusion and neither of us micromanages the others'accounts. We also have direct deposit and bank at the same bank, so if we WANTED to , we could see exactly what the other is doing, money wise...but we both stick to our agreed upon budget plan, so neither of us really cares what the other is doing with their own accts outside of that.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:50 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,960,342 times
I have a close female in my life who is going through a lot of trouble & I have bailed them out to a point where I no longer care to give her a fish but teach her to fish so she would not come for help anymore.

Cliffnotes on her situation

Her husband makes about $120K which is okay for where they live, so ``she did not have to work``. Not that it would be easy if she wanted to, she has a language barrier as she is from abroad. Before anybody says why does she not learn the language, business language and city data forum language are two different monsters.

Hubby lost his job three years ago and I had to jump through hoops to get the details after which I was told he got 70K after he was terminated. I tried to pry only enough since I had to feed her and her kids and her entire visiting village.

So from what I gather the 70K went to a pension kind of fund and HER HUBBY can only touch it once he turns 65. He is 45. Of course if she is still there with him she can also enjoy it.

Thats all they have saved. She is a SAHM and she has access to a joint banking account and her husband gave her two things. First a debit card where she can use money from the joint account and use of her own credit card which he has to pay for.

Now that this woman has moved from ``pleasant to have`` to burden, I have to solve this ASAP. She has been good to me in the past. Actually very very good.

I would like to tell her to pinch the grocery money since from what I hear its all she controls other bills like health insurance and mortgage are fixed. But I do not want to lead a good friend astray just because I am talking from my behind.

Last edited by angrymillionaire; 07-28-2013 at 05:03 PM..

Old 07-28-2013, 05:15 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,960,342 times
In other words, I guess I am looking for info as to how SAHM mom relationships are supposed to be managed financially. That would enable me to actually help and not just be judgemental.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships