U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 03:38 PM

13 posts, read 18,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
The world according to an engaged 20-something.

Does it sound impossibly jaded if I say "check back in in a decade or so"?
No. I'm very confident, but not fully convinced my marriage will be perfect, I know how things are in the dating world these days.

There's this conception by men out there (bitter ones, and I do have some bitter male friends) that "while women party and fool around in their 20's, their looks will fade by the time they hit 30, and they will have not yet found their man, while men are just entering their prime" A jaded generalization. Circumstances vary greatly...
Rate this post positively

Old 07-29-2013, 03:40 PM

19,109 posts, read 28,963,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoMeganoX View Post
I'm 26, and I'm sorry-- I don't mean to come across as smug. Look at it this way: it is WAY harder for a below average man than it is for a below average woman.
Have you ever *been* a below average woman? I have very attractive friends who give out ridiculous advice like 'be more confident' or 'do your hair differently' etc etc but they honestly don't realize how different it is. They think getting free stuff is normal, they think getting asked out happens to everyone, they think having a guy pay on dates is perfectly acceptable and normal...do you have any idea what it's like to be below average? I've also seen how their attitude changes when they gain weight or become unattractive in some way...they feel people are being 'mean' to them, but in actuality they just aren't getting perks anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
This whole thread is pretty much why I wish I was in my 30s already.
I turn 30 in a few months and I honestly can't wait for my 20s to be over.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:45 PM

13 posts, read 18,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Have you ever *been* a below average woman? I have very attractive friends who give out ridiculous advice like 'be more confident' or 'do your hair differently' etc etc but they honestly don't realize how different it is. They think getting free stuff is normal, they think getting asked out happens to everyone, they think having a guy pay on dates is perfectly acceptable and normal...do you have any idea what it's like to be below average? I've also seen how their attitude changes when they gain weight or become unattractive in some way...they feel people are being 'mean' to them, but in actuality they just aren't getting perks anymore.
I might one day know what it is like. Who knows what can happen in life. My man could cheat on me, I could age badly, become overweight, and struggle. I'm not convinced I'm living in a dream world and my life will end like a fairy tale, you never know.

Look, I know what I said was going to upset some people, and I'm not trying to come across as troll-ish or angering people here. A fair amount of attractive women are their 20's are total b-words. These are usually the club/bar every weekend, fool around, and dress in very revealing clothing type. A lot of them have even more extreme beliefs than mine -- they think they can get any guy.

I feel like men should look for women outside of club/bar type places.

I also think dating websites and social media have contributed HUGELY to giving many women inflated egos, as there are many guys going after average-attractive looking women, which we have taken advantage of...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.