Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 11:44 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,197,758 times

Advertisements

Furthermore, where do these creeps come from? I know a bunch of chaps, I don't see them acting stalkerish. The stories of pictures of penises and lewd comments on dating sites make it sound commonplace. A few of my buddies dated online, I can't picture them doing the horrors women write about.

Creeps.
Are they among us?
Have shady people infiltrated our social circles?

I come across many people of all ages during the day. None look obviously creepy. But that might be because I mind my own business.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:51 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,212,206 times
Because men outnumber women by almost 10 to 1 in the violence stakes.

Men are basically capable of some horrific behaviour, much much more often than women. They are action driven so stalking is an "action" an unhappy or unrequited man will sometimes turn to, to feel like he has control again.

You all have the "action" hormone but we've got the "caring" hormone.

Basically we sit around the campfire looking after the children while the blokes go out catch dinner. Anthropologically speaking.

Women usually hurt themselves, men strike out and hurt others.

ETA: I thought you went to high school?

Old 08-07-2013, 12:12 AM

Lol wut? I graduated college.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:41 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,538,188 times
its a character attack against men, it stigmatizes them based on some female "feeling" about the guy's "creep" status, such as not attractive. like "he looks like a rapist" too.

honestly, there is really nothing a guy can do about it, just like when men call women wh*res and c*nts.... so do that when you think it was unfairly used against you. at least it will make her think twice next time she does it.

Last edited by nokiddin; 08-07-2013 at 12:50 AM..

Old 08-07-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
its a character attack against men, it stigmatizes them based on some female "feeling" about the guy's "creep" status, such as not attractive. like "he looks like a rapist" too.

honestly, there is really nothing a guy can do about it, just like when men call women wh*res and c*nts.... so do that when you think it was unfairly used against you. at least it will make her think twice next time she does it.
I am not a creep, and women aren't whores or ****s

Old 08-07-2013, 01:06 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,749,784 times
I'm willing to be that every penis picture on a dating site belongs to some guy

Honestly, women don't do nutty and crazy things until they've gotten to know you. But men are more likely to make a creepy comment to a woman they don't know, especially a pretty woman. Sometimes it's because they don't think they have any chance with her, so they sabotage themselves. Other times it's because they figure if they ask 100 women if they want to hook up, there's a chance that one might say yes. Women will talk about these guys acting like that, because they're strangers. When a woman does something stalkerish, you already know her and have been in a relationship with her, so it's not "some chick I don't even know" but rather "my crazy ex," which makes her a specific person, not just a random creep.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:56 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,175,144 times
Being creepy like being a loser are two of those things that men only get called even when they're ton of women who exhibit those same traits

Old 08-07-2013, 04:49 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,706,085 times
It can go for either sex. Either one can have a screw loose. I don't buy this only men crap.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:05 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,778,735 times
Here is some information about why men would "appear" to be more violent and why women might be more likely to call a man a creep:

Quote:

Males are typically more openly and violently aggressive than females (Coie & Dodge 1997, Maccoby & Jacklin 1974, Buss 2005), which violent crime statistics support.

Some researchers have suggested that females are not necessarily less aggressive, but that they tend to show their aggression in more covert and less physical ways (e.g., Passive-aggressive behavior). For example, females may display more verbal and relational aggression, such as social rejection.[15][16] Additionally, some data shows that while men are more likely than women to use physical aggression overall, rates of physical aggression within the context of dating and marriage tend to be similar for men and women, or that women are even more likely to commit domestic violence against a partner.[17][18][19][20] However, such data generally shows that men tend to inflict the greater share of injuries in domestic violence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_dif...ity_and_gender
So the rotten men are violent (and therefore they are more likely to be labeled creepy. But also, the rotten women are more likely to be verbally mean (instead of violent) and name call as their form of aggression. The outcome can be innocent men being labeled based on an assumption of their gender and innocent women being physically hurt by the men that really are violent.

And for what it's worth, "creep" is a woman's word. The equivalent thing that men call women would be "crazy _itch".

Last edited by jillabean; 08-07-2013 at 05:19 AM..

Old 08-07-2013, 05:36 AM

11,756 posts, read 11,956,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post

That "female feeling" you're mocking derives itself from a place of fear and uncertainty, a vibe that a woman gets. And that vibe is created by the man acting a certain way, talking a certain way, not because the guy doesn't look like George Clooney.

Everything from lewd and inappropriate comments, to inappropriate touching, violating personal space, lurking, following, those sorts of things. You can't tell if someone is creepy or dangerous just by looking at them, and maybe they're not actually a creep at all, but something about their behaviour is setting alarm bells off in the woman's head, and self-preservation kicks in.

And most of the time, the guy won't even know she thinks he's a creep because most women don't go around pointing and announcing it for all to hear. They're simply trying to avoid him, based on a gut feeling, not draw attention to themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships