Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 02:58 AM

878 posts, read 942,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
This was a 2 year-old relationship. Too depressed to think it's really over.
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 03:07 AM

878 posts, read 942,275 times
Quote:
I got upset during an argument and slapped him 2 days ago. The thing is I've never done this ever in my life.
You have, now.

Quote:
Can I get him back?
No.

Quote:
He also unfriended me on facebook. I couldn't believe it.
I got nuthin.

Quote:
But I'm wondering if there could have been other reasons he probably already had in mind and is using this as an additional one? Right now he's acting as if I don't exist, as if we didn't met and I'm here all depressed.
Maybe. Sounds like you'll never know.

In every relationship I've ever had, I've told my SO/wife, "You get one freebie (hitting me) and after that you will collect receipts."

Now, I don't hold with domestic violence but I'm not going to be a punching bag. That you slapped him showed him you disrespect him in a truly fundamental way and he understands that even if you don't.

Under certain circumstances, I'd have left on the spot, too. You earned this. Live with it.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:49 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
I got upset during an argument and slapped him 2 days ago.
He was right to dump you. You lift a hand to me, I dump you. It is pretty simple.

Quote:
The thing is I've never done this ever in my life. Now he won't talk to me nor return my call (yes, I did apologized but it didn't work out).
He is a smart guy. It isn't going to put up with that sort of BS. He can forgive, but he doesn't have to take you back.

Quote:
As stated this was a 2 year-old relationship and I haven't done anything bad except that one time. Just that I've never seen a person leave that fast. I think I've only counted a couple seconds and he was already gone.
Now you have.
Quote:
Can I get him back?
no
Quote:
He also unfriended me on facebook. I couldn't believe it.
Believe it. I admire him for sprouting a pair and making a stand.
Quote:
But I'm wondering if there could have been other reasons he probably already had in mind and is using this as an additional one? Right now he's acting as if I don't exist, as if we didn't met and I'm here all depressed.
Don't read anything into it. Take it as a lesson learned. You treat someone poorly, they will do something about it.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:01 AM

8 posts, read 5,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Get over it. Good grief. Talk about pathetic.
It's hard not to feel sad when a relationship is over and you can't take back what you did. I really wasn't ready for it to be over. I loved him.

You do know it's going to take me some time to get over it? Are you saying I can't at least feel sad about it? I wish I would take everything back and it didn't happen. I wish.

I mean have you ever made a mistake and you really were sorry but you can't do anything about it? That's how I'm feeling. Our relationship was overall good apart from this.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:14 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
It's hard not to feel sad when a relationship is over and you can't take back what you did. I really wasn't ready for it to be over. I loved him.

You do know it's going to take me some time to get over it? Are you saying I can't at least feel sad about it? I wish I would take everything back and it didn't happen. I wish.

I mean have you ever made a mistake and you really were sorry but you can't do anything about it? That's how I'm feeling. Our relationship was overall good apart from this.

Sure have.

Not once did it ever include slapping my SO across the mouth though. It never will either.

What is this "I loved him" stuff anyways??? It was two days ago.

What was this fight about anyways that angered you soooooo much, you had to reach out and touch someone?

Old 08-07-2013, 04:19 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
A slap probably isn't enough to drive me away from a happy relationship...But if you're a beyotch all the time, then the slap would be the final straw.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:15 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
I agree... slapping is a beginning of a domestic abuse. You have an anger problem and should get some counseling.
The relationship is over. I don't blame him at all. You should blame yourself. If he is smart, he will NEVER come back to you.
So, move on and get some help too. It's the only way to prevent it from happening again.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:20 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
What was the arguement about that led to the slap?

Old 08-07-2013, 06:44 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
I got upset during an argument and slapped him 2 days ago. The thing is I've never done this ever in my life. Now he won't talk to me nor return my call (yes, I did apologized but it didn't work out). As stated this was a 2 year-old relationship and I haven't done anything bad except that one time. Just that I've never seen a person leave that fast. I think I've only counted a couple seconds and he was already gone.

Can I get him back? He also unfriended me on facebook. I couldn't believe it. But I'm wondering if there could have been other reasons he probably already had in mind and is using this as an additional one? Right now he's acting as if I don't exist, as if we didn't met and I'm here all depressed.
Would you take him back if he punched you in the face?

Ummmmm no, of course not. Did you think guys like getting slapped, or that it was acceptable?

Old 08-07-2013, 06:50 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
He's a smart guy. And you don't seem particularly shocked or upset that you physically laid hands on him in anger. You just seem upset that it resulted in your breakup.

See a therapist - there's a lot of other stuff going on here, and a breakup is far from the most important one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships