Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 04:53 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
What are the chances of a straight male who has more female friends(strictly platonic, no romance) than male friends getting a girlfriends and later getting married and not having marital problems? I ask because I never thought having alot of female friends were a big deal until I thought about marriage.
But from what Ive seen most of the guys who hang with all or mostly girls are most likely gay. So I wouldnt even date them....

Your girlfriends never had a problem with this? I think that if you girlsfirend doesnt mind this and agrees to marry you then if it aint broke dont fix it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 09:46 AM

82 posts, read 295,761 times
I'm married to someone with more female friends than male friends. I don't have problems with it but I feel uncomfortable that he still keeps love letters from old exgfs that he's now just friends with. Group outtings are ok with me...I don't know how I'd feel if they had private get togethers. shrugs. Im sure this is ok with most girls....

Old 10-06-2008, 01:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Men that have more female friends than male friends are sometimes considered "the gay one" or "that gay dude" in their community. (even if it isn't true). No offense.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:54 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
What are the chances of a straight male who has more female friends(strictly platonic, no romance) than male friends getting a girlfriends and later getting married and not having marital problems? I ask because I never thought having alot of female friends were a big deal until I thought about marriage.
They're normal, it's normal, all is normal.

If a woman can't handle her husband having female friends, she has confidence issues and silly problems she needs to work out.

Men make terrible friends. Women are often much more supportive and open in friendships than men are, and it's easy to see why (after a little persuading) men would choose more women over other men for friendships.

There was a whole thread about this a while ago.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:20 PM

24 posts, read 75,013 times
It make sense that nerd man have more american woman friend than man friend. Gay man have more woman friend but maybee not. Most american man like video game, american foot ball, base balls, and american gang rap music very much and some man not like these things. Good american man like read book, art, and listen to good music from united kingdom. These man may have more american woman friend but are better than sports and video game man.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:29 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
As long as you don't discuss your personal relationship with your female friends, it won't be a problem. Seeking marital advice from them is not a good thing.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:12 AM

82 posts, read 295,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
As long as you don't discuss your personal relationship with your female friends, it won't be a problem. Seeking marital advice from them is not a good thing.

Why don't you think is a good idea to seek marital/relationship advice from the opposite sex?

Coincidently, a cousin of mine and her present fiance were both with someone else at the same time they were falling in love with each other. I'm not sure how it happened but apparently they would talk online all the time and share their relationship woes.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:58 AM

886 posts, read 5,713,825 times
I am a guy and I have more female friends than male friends for the simple fact I know how to treat a lady. Most of my guy friends are always looking to get in there pants and I am the guy that sits back and watches them crash and burn. It is funny. My wife has no problem with all my female friends either just like I dont have a problem with her male friends. We love and trust one another and that is all we need

Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
I second this statement, and would also like to add that:

As long as your wife/ GF is your BEST FEMALE friend, then I don't see any problem w/ you having more female friends than male friends.

The problem could rise if:

1. You confide to your female friend(s) more about your secrets, etc., etc., rather than your own GF/ wife; and
2. You don't feel comfortable having your own GF/ wife become friends w/ your female friends; and
3. You discuss your marital/ relationship problems w/ your female friends instead of with your own wife/ GF; and
4. You hang out w/ your female friends MORE OFTEN than w/ your own wife/ GF.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:06 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
But from what Ive seen most of the guys who hang with all or mostly girls are most likely gay. So I wouldnt even date them....

Your girlfriends never had a problem with this? I think that if you girlsfirend doesnt mind this and agrees to marry you then if it aint broke dont fix it.....
I am way late on this thread. I still don't have a girlfriend, but I can tell you this. I have some close female friends and I am not gay. I am just one of those straight males who doesn't feel the need to present that "manyly man" image.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships