Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 10:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Ladies, what do you find more important when choosing a male partner: High status or Money? I had an argument with a friend and made the point that status is more important than money. I've never seen a guy in a high status position ever struggle with women, but plenty of men with money can't find dates despite making 6 or 7 figures. Lots of guys think that having a big check will make women attracted to them, but its no guarantee.
You are correct!
I'd MUCH prefer status over money if I had to choose between the two, but neither is necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
I had an argument with a friend and made the point that status is more important than money.
I can see it now: The OP and a friend having a weighty discussion...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGkyviEadQU[/url][/quote]

Old 08-08-2013, 10:34 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,599 times
When I met my husband we were both poor and knew very little about each other's status.

Plenty of couples start out poor(met in college, etc.), so I think these attributes can be a bit overhyped.

I never wanted a future Donald Trump or Kennedy for a husband so status didn't mean that much to me.

I know things like money and status get overhyped in the manosphere though.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:41 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post

I know things like money and status get overhyped in the manosphere though.
I wonder if this is one of those Men's Rights things. Those types tend to obsess over fringe phenomena that they take to be the norm for women, then they get all worked up about it. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, OP.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:08 PM

630 posts, read 1,048,658 times
Can status pay the electricity bill? If not then status can suck it.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:18 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Ladies, what do you find more important when choosing a male partner: High status or Money? I had an argument with a friend and made the point that status is more important than money. I've never seen a guy in a high status position ever struggle with women, but plenty of men with money can't find dates despite making 6 or 7 figures. Lots of guys think that having a big check will make women attracted to them, but its no guarantee.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:44 AM

13,643 posts, read 9,698,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Can you give me an example of someone with high status who wouldn't have money?
Assuredly! High-profile political dissidents and whistle-blowers, billionaire activist investors who made one bad bet and now have negative net worth, scientists whose discoveries made them famous but didn't result in financial windfalls. One of the highest-status young men in the world right now is Edward Snowden. And he's probably bankrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think some people think that women evaluate each man she meets with some sort of spread sheet - breaking him neatly down into pros and cons. Well, let's see - he's status is an 8, his face is a 7, his body is a 6, his intelligence is a 7, etc. I never thought about men like that - and I can't speak for all women but I sure don't know anyone else who would break down a guy like that either.
Men actually DO keep such lists, at least mentally. The great frustration for men is failure to recognize that women don't think likewise. A guy might say, "But I'm a great candidate on paper... job, house, career, body, face, smile, etc. - so why hasn't she fallen in love with me yet?" It is because women "evaluate" on intangibles that men are so aghast by female "flightiness".

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I know innumerable couples where the wife is in love with the idea of being "wife of".
This is a blunder that I made several times in my past dating history. I'd explain to my date: "But honey, if you become my wife, you could strut about in pride and satisfaction that you're 'wife of so-and-so', impressing all of your friends". Oddly enough, that remark was not ebulliently received.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:07 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I still want to know what the OP constitutes as high-status???
probably a guy whos high ranking cop or military personel. He could also be talking about high management positions.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:10 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Assuredly! High-profile political dissidents and whistle-blowers, billionaire activist investors who made one bad bet and now have negative net worth, scientists whose discoveries made them famous but didn't result in financial windfalls. One of the highest-status young men in the world right now is Edward Snowden. And he's probably bankrupt.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't consider Edward Snowden to be of high status.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:46 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Quote:
Your thinking has become jaded by a bunch of misogynists on here, who have had so little success, or too afraid to try, dating that they blame the evil robot women for their own failures and ascribe to them conspiratorial motives that simply don't exist for the large majority of women you will date (assuming you are not a member of that crowd).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships