U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 09:15 PM

9,900 posts, read 17,703,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGunnar View Post
I like when a man introduces himself, tells me what about my profile he found interesting, and its always nice if he includes a nice compliment (beautiful, gorgeous, pretty is preferable. Sexy is alright but it gets him the side eye for a little bit)

I always reply to men who approach me in this manner even if it's just to talk. It's those who simply say "hey" or "u r hawt i lyke ur bobz i bet u r gud at sekz" that don't get a reply
I agree with this but I think that sometimes the compliment can backfire unless it's really light. Something like, "Hey I like your pic" is usually fine. This from a woman who adores compliments but they can be taken wrong. I like it when he mentions something from my profile and then says something about himself in that context, like, "I see you love to travel. What kind of trips do you like to take--mountain or beach? I love to go hiking in the mountains myself." That way she can start to get a picture of the two of you together on a romantic mountain hike in Jamaica.

So, keep it short and simple. Start with a mild compliment, mention something from her profile, ask a question about it and then add something about yourself in relation to that. That's it. The question is so she'll be able to answer you back. It's too easy for her to not answer if you don't do that.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 09:22 PM

33,730 posts, read 20,985,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Simple talk is probably the best way to go. Id introduce myself briefly and say that XYZ caught my attention in their profile, along with attractivness shown by the pics. I wouldnt overthink it at all.
I agree with this.

Simple.

I always gave the guy a nice compliment. Like "I think you are very handsome. I love your smile."

Or "Interesting profile."

Old 08-08-2013, 09:29 PM

457 posts, read 497,293 times
This is slightly OT, but there was a girl on Christian Mingle whose profile indicated that she cannot receive emails or IM, indicating to me that she is not a subscriber. Still she suggests to send her a message with how she can contact you otherwise. I am relatively new to this, but to me there doesn't appear to be any way to contact a non-subscriber on Christian Mingle with a specific message, only smiles, cards or sparks.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:41 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,459,218 times
Always show her you have actually read her individual profile. Don't send the same message to every woman - it's obvious. Let her know something about yourself that isn't generic/already in your profile. Write at least three full sentences using proper grammar and punctuation - some people are real sticklers for this and will automatically rule you out if you use "text speak" or write one long run on sentence. I almost never respond to "Hey" or "What's up."

Old 08-08-2013, 09:46 PM

5,121 posts, read 5,717,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
This is slightly OT, but there was a girl on Christian Mingle whose profile indicated that she cannot receive emails or IM, indicating to me that she is not a subscriber. Still she suggests to send her a message with how she can contact you otherwise. I am relatively new to this, but to me there doesn't appear to be any way to contact a non-subscriber on Christian Mingle with a specific message, only smiles, cards or sparks.
I am a little suspicious. One thing to be aware of, 419 scammers will try to get you to move to e-mail or other means of chat outside of a dating site. So please be cautious if you contact someone outside of the site's communications means. She might just be using it for free... but then again, it might be someone trying to scam you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or