Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 11:34 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I do not want to get married I just want a committed relationship. Wifey material is just "our" way of saying a good women.
I would offer her financial physical mental and emotionally support. I would have her back through good times and bad times. I would focus on making her happy. If shes ever in a jam I will always be there for her and she could always count on me. I would make her feel appreciated. Whether shes going through a problem at work a problem with a bill a problem with her health a problem with her car or a problem with her co worker shes not going through it alone. She doesnt have to face problems on her own because we are a team.

I can provide unconditional love and support in all aspects.

All I ask for in return is the same . I also want her to enjoy life with me to make good lasting memories.

Furthermore if she is longing for pure romance I can provide that too.
I have no problem showing my potential women the romance she would probably long for. I have no problem at all taking my lady to a suite and relax in a jacquzzi with her, give her foot massages, or wash her back gently everynight.

Sorry for the bad grammer.
see I dont understand this. your treating it like a job. What is the point of being in a committed relationship if your not sure they're the person you want to spend the rest of ur life with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish Thompson View Post
First "wifey" material is not a good thing...so good women will probably overlook you. Be what you want. Are you honest? Kind? Open-minded? Will you have her back?
Im honest, extremely open minded, adventorous, chivalrous, respectful and my woman would be my queen.

But I wont sit here and pretend Im an angel.

I am a bit materalistic, and I love money but that has no effect on what kind of women I want. As long as shes motivated and trying I could care less if shes a waitress or works at a fast food joint. As long as she is trying to better herself its all good and I would support that.

I have no agenda then comittment and seeking a powerful connection with a woman. Sleeping around is feels good in the moment but after its done.whats left? Nothing. I get no pleasure out of lying and manipulating a girl. I dont understand why SOME guys do it. I dont feel an ego boost. My self esteem doesnt rise. I dont feel like I conquered anything.

The happiest I have ever been was with my first girlfriend which I screwed up that relationship. I regret till this day. What gets me happy is knowing I can be with a woman and make her happy and enjoy her life more.

I would rather spend time holding my women in bed watching a movie , supporting her career , or going to a resort together then sleep with different women everynight in meaningless sex, or figuring out how many more shots does this chick need to take in order to sleep with me.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
see I dont understand this. your treating it like a job. What is the point of being in a committed relationship if your not sure they're the person you want to spend the rest of ur life with.
I dont see it as a job. A poster asked what I can offer and I simply provided what I can offer. Why would I need to get married to prove that I love someone?

Old 08-10-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
well "wifey material" your going to want a more traditional gal than a "modern" one. A modern chick that can cook? Wont happen.
Wifey material to me is a girl who is confident, upkeeps her appearance, honest, loyal, trustworthy, openminded and kind.
I could care less if she knew how to cook.

I want a modern women. I can wash my own drawers.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:18 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,135,335 times
Full credit and criminal background history are good starters for performing risk modeling for wifey material. I also ask for pictures of mom.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:39 AM

640 posts, read 717,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I dont see it as a job. A poster asked what I can offer and I simply provided what I can offer. Why would I need to get married to prove that I love someone?
Except that you provided intagibles and expect specifics...

You need to up yah game, "playah"...let me profile for a second...you're a mid-teen to early twenties African American male, probably from a dual parent household but with friends and acquaintences from lower middle class, single parent households...the vernacular and the lifestyle gives it away. You've been conditioned to give less and expect less because those are the examples set by real life, media and culture...forget about that, w.y.g.i.w.y.g.

You've mentioned cooking a coupe of times and I'm guessing you fancy yourself to have a bit of skill in that department. Join a coooking class. Meet a woman there, knock her socks off with your acumen. It's a win-win-win situation because: a) you'll have the opportunity to expand your skills, b) she'll be impressed, and, c) by the very nature of being there, she's committed to self improvement and learning and those are the characteristics of "wifey" material.

Never settle for someone who knows all they need to know is ultimately comfortable where they're at...they have no reason to have adventures with you.

Last edited by Marc Allen 242; 08-10-2013 at 01:02 AM..

Old 08-10-2013, 12:40 AM

640 posts, read 717,326 times
...and stop choosing monikers like "Veyron"...if you can't afford one don't purport to be of that calibre...it wreaks of unsubstantiated machismo.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:41 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
well "wifey material" your going to want a more traditional gal than a "modern" one. A modern chick that can cook? Wont happen.
Meh. I am modern and live to cook.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:49 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,191,388 times
IN KIND:

With all the "pickiness" and "shallowness" in a good percentage of people out there that can show its "ugly head" at any particular moment I think of this:

Otherwise some men have a knack of judging the character, ethics, morals and values of a woman whom to marry and even then there's no guarantee if such man who marry her may or may not be able to satisfy/keep her happy most of the time. All this is amplified and made tougher since the old gender roles have been abandoned some time ago imo.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:52 AM

77 posts, read 59,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I'm not a "decent" women and men still find me wifey material.
it happens all the time, you are probably beauty one,right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships