Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 06:24 PM

296 posts, read 571,508 times

Advertisements

What a nightmare of a relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 06:31 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Been there, OP, and there's rarely a solution. After many years of this, I moved on and found a better match in all ways.

Recent research indicates that libido for most people is inversely proportional to the length of the relationship. It also shows that the surest way to reignite it is to be with someone new.

Let me ask this: When people get tired of the routine in their relationship,
1. Why don't they discuss it with the other person?
2. Don't you realize that finding someone new, will eventually become routine as well?

Old 08-13-2013, 06:41 PM

706 posts, read 1,204,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Move to Egypt. They are working on passing a law to allow men to have sex with their wives for up to 6 hours after they die.

Those guys are getting it even!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

That's freakn nasty!!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:06 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Let me ask this: When people get tired of the routine in their relationship,
1. Why don't they discuss it with the other person?
2. Don't you realize that finding someone new, will eventually become routine as well?
1. It only works if they both want things to change - and often, they don't.
2. It can, of course. However, a good relationship can last without getting tired of things or jaded for over 20 years. Less good ones can often last 10. I don't think that would lead to boredom from frequent change.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:15 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Move to Egypt. They are working on passing a law to allow men to have sex with their wives for up to 6 hours after they die.
what utter horsesh*t. some people here believe anything. i should sell bridges on cdr

the Christian Science Monitor, a reputable source (as opposed to "some guy on the internet said it was true") debunked this:

Ahead of elections, Egypt's state propaganda machine rolls on - CSMonitor.com

also mediamatters:

Quote:
members of the Egyptian parliament are denying that any such law was ever proposed
Right-Wing Media Stoke Islamophobia With Dubious Story About "Necrophilia Law" In Egypt | Research | Media Matters for America

Old 08-13-2013, 07:26 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
10 years is a long time to let this slide.

I couldn't help but notice you said she "promised" to have more sex with you. That kind of says it all. . . It's like she's having to force herself to be intimate. Sad.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:31 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
OP the marriage is over y'all just going through the motions.

You would put a limping dog out of its misery so time to do the same for your marriage.

I realise it's horrible and something no one wants, but hey, they invented divorce for a reason. You two could end up each other's best friends if you do it right.

It makes no sense to stay with one partner for the rest of your life anymore. The concept of marriage (until death do we part) is antique and no longer practical for most people. Just like we now have several careers over a lifetime, we also have multiple serious relationships.

Try not to take it all personally. You're just reflecting the changing times. We all want the newest model.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:35 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post

That's freakn nasty!!
#ifitswarmitsstillgood

Jk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-13-2013, 07:37 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
OP the marriage is over y'all just going through the motions.

You would put a limping dog out of its misery so time to do the same for your marriage.

I realise it's horrible and something no one wants, but hey, they invented divorce for a reason. You two could end up each other's best friends if you do it right.

It makes no sense to stay with one partner for the rest of your life anymore. The concept of marriage (until death do we part) is antique and no longer practical for most people. Just like we now have several careers over a lifetime, we also have multiple serious relationships.

Try not to take it all personally. You're just reflecting the changing times. We all want the newest model.
Why was the situation allowed to continue for so long that divorce is now the only option? That's sad. How can anyone even put up with no sex, or very little of it, for so many years?

Old 08-13-2013, 07:40 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Damn right I do. AFTER 25 years of trying to fix things. You sure do leap to unwarranted and unfounded conclusions, don't you Ruth? I've lost all respect for your opinions because frankly, your accusatory and negative attitude doesn't add anything positive to the discussion.
Look at the implications of what you posted earlier. That's what I was responding to. You didn't say anything about 25 years. You said it's inevitable or even recommended to want someone new after the passage of time.

As far as libido being inversely proportional to the number of years spent together, how would you explain couples who have been together 20, 30 and 40 years, who still have it going on for each other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships