Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 02:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

This one applies to Chicago people but there are many who will not date someone who likes the wrong baseball team. There are two teams, the Cubs and the White Sox and the rivalries can get very nasty. Personally I don't care and don't prefer either unless one is doing good in the playoffs (and this rarely happens).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
Heard this on ESPN's Mike and Mike and thought it would be a fun thread. What crazy explanation did you come up with, or truthfully, why you really did not want to date somebody. The reasons may have been too harsh to tell the truth, so you had to make up something.

For an example, I can't date you because, you're a smoker. Or, I can't date you because, you like football, and I want all of your attention.

I've never made up an excuse to save someone's feelings, I always told them the truth because they always asked for the truth. It is not that difficult to tell the truth which means lies are not needed.

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Heard this on ESPN's Mike and Mike and thought it would be a fun thread. What crazy explanation did you come up with, or truthfully, why you really did not want to date somebody. The reasons may have been too harsh to tell the truth, so you had to make up something.

For an example, I can't date you because, you're a smoker. Or, I can't date you because, you like football, and I want all of your attention.

Yeah, well, so much for that.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:17 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, I've never really used a weird excuse on anyone, but I can list the ones that have been used on me.

I can't date you because....

-You have tattoos
-You're too tall
-Your skin is too pale
-You have scars
-Your nose is too broad
-I don't like your hair color
-You have a gap in your teeth
-Your eyes are the wrong color
-You read comics
-You beat me at Mortal Kombat
-You walk knock kneed
-Your family scares me
-Your sister is hotter and that would be too tempting
-I might be gay
-You're an Angles fan
-You're from California
-You have a crease in your neck
-You ordered a beer

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I've got plenty more. I've been rejected a lot
Now we want all you responses;

Old 08-12-2013, 02:26 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
"I won't date you because you drive a van."

"..but I have candy!"

"...mattress in the ba....YOUR LOSS SWEETHEART!!!" ( eating a Snickers bar)

Old 08-12-2013, 02:27 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
One I actually used, although if the chemistry was there I could have gotten around it.

I can't date you because it would always be too awkward describing how we met.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
You are wearing a white tee and baggy jeans (and you are over 25)

OK I didn't directly use that line, but that was 100% the reasoning. :P

I used the old fashioned, I am too busy/seeing someone/other excuse.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
I'm happily married now but had to kiss a lot of frogs in order to find the prince! Here are some TRUTHFUL reasons I only dated some guys once or twice:

1. Bad teeth (worse in person than they seemed online - and sorry, but there's no excuse for that).

2. Realized we didn't share the same values

3. Too needy and clingy/pushy/grabby/physically or emotionally demanding too early on!

4. Into playing games/stringing me along (or, rather - trying to, but homey don't play dat!), being evasive

5. Just...no chemistry on my side of things

If the guy was a nice guy overall, but things just didn't click - I just allowed it to die. There's no reason to hurt a nice guy's feelings unnecessarily.

If he was sort of a jerk, then I just told him flat out why I wasn't interested. That felt pretty good!

Old 08-12-2013, 04:05 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,533,494 times
Had a girl to me me, I can't date you because you are the marrying type! She was so wrong. I didn't want to get married when I was 20 years old.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:56 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Had a girl to me me, I can't date you because you are the marrying type! She was so wrong. I didn't want to get married when I was 20 years old.
LOL! She likely thought you were the type she would date. And she was looking for a hookup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships