Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:04 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,415,784 times

Advertisements

totally depends on the reason.
if i wasn't able to remain strictly friends with them in person i wouldn't be keeping them around on facebook either.

i know a ton of people who keep people around so they can get their creeper on just to laugh or fume at how bad or good someone is doing

same rules apply for me remaining friends with an ex in persona as they do on social media. any left over relationship attachment or not dealt with personal emotions, stay away please.

...but i mean who am i to judge how you want to use facebook? use it how you see fit for yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 12:09 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,161,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Would it concern you if the person you were dating still talked to and remained friends with an ex on Facebook?
No. My SO has several exes on his page, and I have two people I dated. It's not a big deal.

I'd be more concerned if he bashed every ex he had. Then I'd know he has a problem with women, is unable to end a relationship gracefully, and is unwilling to admit his own part in a relationship that went south.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:12 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,539,211 times
there's something natural about letting your exes drift away into your history, your past, and sometimes never to be heard from again. i think it makes future run ins more surprising and entertaining too.

i don't have fb but i would think if my exes where on my friends list, it would kind of feel like i had framed pictures of my exes sitting around my place. no thanks.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:51 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,945,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I personally haven't remained friends with any of my exes. I wish them all well, and have no animosity towards them, but I think staying in contact with them would feel a bit awkward to me.
I share this viewpoint.
Although most of my relationships end as well as they can, I stil have a hard time being friends with ex's. I guess it depends on what led to the break up, and how they handled it.

The thing about facebook, is that it creates connestions with people that werent possible 10-20 years ago. Before FB, when people broke up, unless you had mutial friends or talked on the phone, I think most the time people faded away, and most likely didnt associate with most ex's.
But now that everyone connects through FB, those pesky ex's (haha) stick around.
IMO, i is just a shift in social norms, and the causal nature of hooking up.
I would date someone who had ex's as FB friends, but if I got the idea they were still emotionally attached to them, I would probably bail pretty quick. And IME, this does happen, and it does create problems sometimes for future relationships.

In the end, you have to read the warning signs. They are usually there, but you have to choose to see them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships