Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 04:36 PM

102,242 posts, read 108,130,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
The fact you are okay with staying with him, and him having his phone out at all during sex tells me you have no respect for yourself. Two years or not you deserve better. It's time to move on. I mean he was looking at his phone. He had no interest in pleasing you in any way it's all about him, and his wants and needs.
This. And also: Lilac's post. It doesn't matter if you're wrong about him taking a photo of you. The fact is he's not into you. He's not even that into sex with you. Why would you want to commit to someone who isn't into you? If he says he loves you, he's lying, and he's faking being in love. I saw a guy do that once, with a woman he'd married to get his residency visa. She was starry-eyed about him, but he was just going through the motions, saying what she wanted to hear, but his heart wasn't in it, it was obvious to anyone who wasn't starry-eyed about him.

You're getting really good advice on this thread, OP. I strongly suggest you take it, and dump the jerk.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:38 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,974,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting5 View Post
Not so simple...we've been together for almost 2 years, I'm still in love with him, and we were actually making plans to move in together soon (a thing I'm not sure I should do after this whole mess).

> That's for the future and yeah I've learned my lesson.
If I ever see his phone a mile from me when I'm naked, I'm just gonna drop everything and tell him that if he ever wants to sleep with me again, he better keep his god damned phone far far away from me.
But what do I do about the video that (possibly) already exists?
I mean, God only knows how many people he could of shown/sent it to this past week...
How do I know it really exists/existed in the first place?
I mean, what if I AM wrong?
You are in for a lot of sadness.

He is obviously lying and you are too understanding.

Get rid of him.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Really. I'd probably knock it out of his cloddish, moronic, brutish, self-absorbed, assholic hands and halfway across the room. Only movie that would be on there is a flying view of the ceiling.
This thread was worth it just for the opportunity to expand our vocabulary that it provided!

Old 08-14-2013, 05:01 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,121,615 times
Get rid of him and do it now . He is scum and he is disgusting . He will never respect you ever ..

Old 08-14-2013, 06:58 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,081,668 times
How do you all people know she is not just being paranoid? Don't follow advice from city data, they advice you to break up for the smallest thing. If it was up to them we would all be single now.

First off, was the phone even pointed towards you. That would be a very strange position to put a phone, and you should notice. Also, you could just check his video folder. If both of the above are negative, then try to relax a little bit more. He likely didn't film you.

Imagine if you are wrong. How would it feel like for him if you just broke up. If you can prove you are right, then feel free to break up with him.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
How do you all people know she is not just being paranoid? Don't follow advice from city data, they advice you to break up for the smallest thing. If it was up to them we would all be single now.

First off, was the phone even pointed towards you. That would be a very strange position to put a phone, and you should notice. Also, you could just check his video folder. If both of the above are negative, then try to relax a little bit more. He likely didn't film you.

Imagine if you are wrong. How would it feel like for him if you just broke up. If you can prove you are right, then feel free to break up with him.
Whether he photog'ed her or not is irrelevant. He's checking for messages and fiddling with his phone right in the middle of sex. And he's done that several times. Nobody needs a guy like that. She can do so much better. He's just not into her, he's only using her to get off.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:44 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,081,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Whether he photog'ed her or not is irrelevant. He's checking for messages and fiddling with his phone right in the middle of sex. And he's done that several times. Nobody needs a guy like that. She can do so much better. He's just not into her, he's only using her to get off.
Um.. people are not perfect. Breaking up with someone due to one issue, is ridiculous.

No, the mature thing to do is not immediately hit the break up button, but talk about it.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:53 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Um.. people are not perfect. Breaking up with someone due to one issue, is ridiculous.

No, the mature thing to do is not immediately hit the break up button, but talk about it.
When the "issue" is trust and a lack of it, that is no small thing.

For various reasons she can't trust this guy - the end.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Exactly! If I were with a girl and she whipped out her phone in the middle of sex it would have been curtains.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post

I know very very few people that would even THINK about their cell phone in a time like that.
Moving forward, if the bf ever grabbed his cell phone while being intimate, STOP being intimate, get dressed and leave. IMMEDIATELY. No fun for the d-bag. And then communicate that if he ever touches his phone again during private time, the relationship would absolutely be OVER.

Seriously, sorry, but the bf here is a d-bag for even touching his phone.
It amazes me the things some people get away with.
Some of these are pretty good. They're worth re-posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.