U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:53 PM

37,417 posts, read 46,510,313 times

Advertisements

In the case of my fiance and I?

"Hey, look what your awesome cooking is doing! Let's go running!"

"Okay!"

Ah, being in the 35-40 age range and secure and confident. Good times.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-14-2013, 07:54 PM

19,109 posts, read 28,149,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

Lol you have zero clue. I have never had an issue meeting/dating women. Shes great and I love her but "finding someone else" would not be the problem. I wish I did have a harder time meeting women and it'd be easier to be happy with the one I have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Wow. You're a real class act.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:56 PM

37,417 posts, read 46,510,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
You pretty much can't comment to a girl. Their skin is not thick enough like guys.
Eh. I lived with a guy who LOST HIS MIND over comments about his appearance. Insecurity comes in all shapes, sizes, and genders.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:56 PM

21,188 posts, read 22,540,621 times
Quote:
Lol you have zero clue. I have never had an issue meeting/dating women. Shes great and I love her but "finding someone else" would not be the problem. I wish I did have a harder time meeting women and it'd be easier to be happy with the one I have.

See - this to me says that you don't really love her. If you really loved her - you would never say something like that. You might really, really like her - and you might be really attracted to her - or maybe you were before she gained 10 pounds - and you might love how she treats you - but if you really loved her - I can't imagine you thinking much less saying what you said.

I've never had a problem meeting/dating me or having them fall in love with me. And yet - I love my husband and am supremely happy with him. It doesn't matter how easy it is for me to attract men - the fact of the matter is - I'm with the only one I ever want to be with.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:58 PM

3,552 posts, read 4,739,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Wow. You're a real class act.
Actually just have never been desperate. I'm not one of those people that has to hold onto a relarionship because they have a hard time meeting the opposite sex. Instead I'm in a relationship becsuse I truly care for the person.

I'd rather date someone that wasnt dating me cause they had no other options.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Actually just have never been desperate. I'm not one of those people that has to hold onto a relarionship because they have a hard time meeting the opposite sex. Instead I'm in a relationship becsuse I truly care for the person.

I'd rather date someone that wasnt dating me cause they had no other options.

Those two things seem to contradict each other.

Just because someone has never been desperate and has an easy time with the opposite sex - it doesn't mean that they have a hard time being happy with the person they are with.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 PM

3,552 posts, read 4,739,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Those two things seem to contradict each other.

Just because someone has never been desperate and has an easy time with the opposite sex - it doesn't mean that they have a hard time being happy with the person they are with.
Possibly for some. I know if I had a hard time meeting women I'd be much more willing to compromise about more for those that actually do like me.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Possibly for some. I know if I had a hard time meeting women I'd be much more willing to compromise about more for those that actually do like me.

If you aren't willing to compromise about 10 pounds - then I can't imagine that you are really in love with her and you should find someone else that you will still be attracted to even if they gain 10 pounds.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:43 PM

18,261 posts, read 20,436,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideworld View Post
I fluctuate easily 7-8lbs, too.

This thread = . Wish we could knock some sense into the girl rather than dealing with the OP.
Well, I have looked into my crystal ball and can see that this guy will be 50 years old, trying to pickup 18 yr old girls and still looking for some unblemished, fat-free passion flower.

Also, men who tend to be controlling are NEVER a good catch.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:43 PM

12,538 posts, read 13,545,925 times
Quote:
I don't expect any less than I expect of myself.
Well, you shouldn't. You are a man. Your body, metabolism, and muscle mass work a lot differently than a woman's. What's more, women's bodies change a lot between their late teens and mid 20s. Mine certainly did. I was 5'4" 110 pounds on a medium frame when I got out of college, and by the time I was 27, I was 126 pounds. That's just what happens to many uber-thin women, and it's a good and natural thing in terms of reproduction, being able to support a pregnancy, and so on. If you're that into human physiology, you should read up on women's.

It's too bad you didn't see Couples Therapy tonight on Vh-1. The braying jackarse who owns Girls Gone Wild and his girlfriend are one of the couples, and she has an eating disorder. It's people like you who expect women to be unrealistically thin and feel it's your place to critique and criticize women's bodies who make situations like that worse. If you are going to make a big stink about 10 pounds on a woman whose weight is still well within the healthy range, I put to you that you have control issues that are best worked out on a therapist's couch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.