Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 04:00 PM

924 posts, read 1,640,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Oh really?? I was bullied throughout my whole childhood and youth for being too tall. That marked me FOR LIFE, even though I carry myself with pride now. I don't remember one short guy who was bullied as a kid.

I wished I was fat so I would have known what to do. Nothing you can do with you are super tall, can't even go hiding.

Yes shorter guys might have a hard time dating when they are grown up, but at least I would think they had a nice childhood.
Yes short guys are at a significantly larger disadvantage than tall women and it's not even close.

Female models are always tall ffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 04:24 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,883,738 times
Female models are often models because they were bullied in their childhood and youth and now want to prove to the world that they are WORTH something and pretty ENOUGH.

Many of them feel insecure throughout their whole life, no matter how popular they became. Inside they still feel like an ugly duck, because they are scared for life. No matter how often you tell them they are pretty, they still won't believe it.

This is how I feel and this is how many of my fellow models used to feel (That was about 14 years ago).

Online dating sites are just as brutal for tall women as for short guys. 80% of all guys are too short for me, the rest is either creeps, don't want me or not attractive to me.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:25 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,843,997 times
Quote:
Female models are often models because they were bullied in their childhood and youth and now want to prove to the world that they are WORTH something and pretty ENOUGH.

Many of them feel insecure throughout their whole life, no matter how popular they became. Inside they still feel like an ugly duck, because they are scared for life. No matter how often you tell them they are pretty, they still won't believe it.

This is how I feel and this is how many of my fellow models used to feel (That was about 14 years ago).

Online dating sites are just as brutal for tall women as for short guys. 80% of all guys are too short for me, the rest is either creeps, don't want me or not attractive to me.
So, you say that you have scars from being bullied because you were tall.

Yet, 80% of men are too short for you.

Do you see the irony here?

Old 10-11-2013, 08:26 AM

Yes, I do.

BECAUSE I was bullied by shorter guys back then, I became insecure and now have the feeling that I HAVE to date a taller guy to not STILL look ridiculous next to a guy.

Don't you see the logic behind it? Overweight people don't like thin people who bully them. Lots of tall women won't date shorter guys because they bully(ied) them ... makes sense, right? Of course it makes my life even harder to find a guy taller than me, but I don't CHOOSE to think that way, it is just stuck in my mind.

A very confident, tall woman would not care how tall her partner is - I agree. But If you can't get rid of the scars, that is just how it is.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,377,425 times
Quote:

There are a lot of "models" out there. There are the ones who are discovered and had nothing to prove and use the profession as an opportunity for money and new experiences, then there are those who use it to bolster their self-esteem regardless of their height and some are just narcissists.

Being a tall female myself, I was teased for being tall, but it never really bothered me as a child. When I got to jr high and high school it got rough, BUT the biggest bullies were girls. Of course the boys weren't interested in me...they all want the cute/hot little cheerleader type, not the tall girl that looks like a teacher. (I can't blame them.) But once I was out of high school, the tables turned (just as many folks had told me they would.) I didn't really have a problem meeting men despite standing 6'1", not including my high heels, which I always wore with confidence. (Even in high school I didn't have a problem meeting older men. There were teachers and friends' older brothers who were interested.)

And I used a lot of online matchmaking services out of sheer boredom and curiosity (I was a computer geek) and my mailbox was always full with messages from men of various heights. I ultimately married a "shorter" man that I met online.

Kids will pick on other kids for lots of reasons. I don't think anybody is safe: short, tall or average.

As for who's more at a disadvantage, it depends on the tall woman and the short man. I know some really hot shorter men with firecracker personalities that women are instantly attracted to and I know some stunning taller women that men drop to their knees for. Then there are those who have the personality of a wet rag and no height or lack there of will help them.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:31 AM

Totally agree!

If my parents would have bought me nicer clothes and nicer glasses and tell me I am different but BEAUTIFUL - I probably would have never NEEDED to go to a model agency and probably would have been strong and more succesful and able to date a shorter man.

But that didnt happen. The bullying hit me badly.

So if you are constantly teased by shorter guys, even as a teenager, it naturally can happen that you are not interested in dating any shorter guys, even if there is a nicer one in between. I don't choose that.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
There are a lot of "models" out there. There are the ones who are discovered and had nothing to prove and use the profession as an opportunity for money and new experiences, then there are those who use it to bolster their self-esteem regardless of their height and some are just narcissists.
Exactly!

Old 10-11-2013, 08:38 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,843,997 times
Quote:
Yes, I do.

BECAUSE I was bullied by shorter guys back then, I became insecure and now have the feeling that I HAVE to date a taller guy to not STILL look ridiculous next to a guy.

Don't you see the logic behind it?
I see the logic behind it.

But discrimination is all logical.

You discriminated me, so I discriminate against Joe. Eye for an eye.

For MYSELF, I was put down and rejected all my life too, and my mindset is that I will do anything in my power to be less discriminatory toward people who have physical flaws of any sort. That's the approach that makes sense to me.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 AM

408 posts, read 392,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
As for who's more at a disadvantage, it depends on the tall woman and the short man. I know some really hot shorter men with firecracker personalities that women are instantly attracted to and I know some stunning taller women that men drop to their knees for. Then there are those who have the personality of a wet rag and no height or lack there of will help them.
I have to agree. I know a fellow (former co-worker) who's no more than 5'2". He's got a smokin' hawt wife who has four or five inches on him. And he's definitely got a standout kind of personality.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I see the logic behind it.

For MYSELF, I was put down and rejected all my life too, and my mindset is that I will do anything in my power to be less discriminatory toward people who have physical flaws of any sort. That's the approach that makes sense to me.

Good for you (and I mean that in a nice way) I am not there yet, when it comes to dating. And apparently I am not the only one.

I have dated same height guys though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships