Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 05:34 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times

Advertisements

Hide his socks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 05:58 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,290,577 times
be glad he wears socks.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:07 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,976,882 times
he paid for the socks, he gets to do what he wants. you should be in the kitchen, barefoot, anyway

Old 08-15-2013, 08:12 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,788,947 times
Both of you should only wear sandals.

And if where you live can't support that, move someplace tropical with nice beaches.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:18 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,495,521 times
Clearly the relationship has gone to the dogs.

Put that other sock on and walk

Old 08-15-2013, 08:27 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,289,321 times
He is the man in the relationship, so his preference should rule the day. If he wants you to put your right sock on first, you should do it or risk going to hell.

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. -Ephesians 5:21

In other words, you should be worrying more about keeping the house clean, cooking his favorite dinner, and living in a tent in the back yard when menstruating rather than letting the devil tell you which sock to put on first.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:30 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
He is the man in the relationship, so his preference should rule the day. If he wants you to put your right sock on first, you should do it or risk going to hell.

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. -Ephesians 5:21

In other words, you should be worrying more about keeping the house clean, cooking his favorite dinner, and living in a tent in the back yard when menstruating rather than letting the devil tell you which sock to put on first.
I think it's time to get rid of the man-made bible.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:53 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,109,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrulez View Post
Divorce him and find someone more compatible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldLight View Post
Whip him into shape!!!! And then if that doesn't work leave him of course. No one should put up with that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hide his socks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Both of you should only wear sandals.

And if where you live can't support that, move someplace tropical with nice beaches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Clearly the relationship has gone to the dogs.

Put that other sock on and walk

Oh, I just CANNOT leave him, I LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE HHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIMMMMMM

He is my entire world (I am about to throw up writing this..heh heh)
you know and I just could not go on without him

Is there any way at all that you can suggest to get him to put on his LEFT SOCK FIRST????

I am desperate to change his ways...........

PS ~~ You guys are hysterical and I read every reply to him and he is going to laugh about this the rest of the day.......he LOVES ALL OF THEM.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:08 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,255,440 times
I know people are so quick to dismiss marriage over the sock issue - and that's the way it has been in the past, but there are alternatives now.

Couldn't you try counseling first?!?!
Don't give up yet! I hear there are marriage counselors who now specialize in this very issue!
It is now more common than you think! Don't give up so quick like everyone suggests. People act like you should just give up or walk or do something so drastic, marriage is forever.

I have heard there's medication for it too. It's a new drug trial though - would he be willing to give it a shot you think?
There could be some crazy side effects though. His right foot could become very hairy - so hairy it will look like it already has a sock on it, thus tricking him into putting his other sock on first.

There's support groups - right sockaholics anonymous. He needs help, OP. Don't delay.
Did it just start, or has it been going on a long time?

Old 08-15-2013, 09:09 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,950,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I put my left sock on first and I think he should do the same but he refuses.
What should I do?
It depends. Does he put his pants on starting with his left foot, right foot, or both feet diving in?

Also, when you go shopping, watch which way he turns first after entering a department store. If he doesn't turn the direction you instinctively think, it may he time to let him go. (btw, they claim 90% of people turn right)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships