Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:31 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Did he actually put that in quotes or are you simply quoting what he said?

IMO, if he actually said "have some fun" then I would interpret it as sex.

If he only said, "Lets meet up and have some fun" then I would take it as he's interested and is looking forward to having a fun evening with good company.

Don't over analyze it. If he's not even the person you think he claims to be then it really doesn't matter what his comment means.
He didn't put it in quotes, I'm just quoting him.

Hopefully I'll get proof of his identity by tonight so I can put this issue to rest either way. I'm waiting on a pertinent piece of information.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:38 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
But that would be too easy. Stop being so sensible!
You can stick to daytime dates for now and avoid any beds/couches. lol

Old 08-15-2013, 09:27 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:

Hopefully I'll get proof of his identity by tonight so I can put this issue to rest either way. I'm waiting on a pertinent piece of information.
Just ask him to send u an actual pic proving ita him. If he is who he says it should be zero issue.

I got burned HARD like 5 years ago. Spent hrs a night talking on the phone for weeks. She was sending someone elses pics the whole time!

After a certain point you have to take a pic specifically for that person. Put the unease to rest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-15-2013, 09:27 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:

How many people verify identities in this manner?
I assume you are trying to pry out this guys last name without being obvious.

Do you do this with guys you meet in public?

I would be willing to bet that this hottie and you have been texting/talking for a little bit by now. Is everyone a raging criminal these days? Why not just meet in public and see if you have a connection. If you don't then leave. If you do, then bring him home and

I don't get the security clearance that some people feel they require just to meet a guy. I know personal safety is a concern for women, but isn't this extreme? I thought that is what public places were for. I kind of get the idea you want to jump his bones before getting to know him, and you need to make sure he isnt some axe murderer. Why not just meet a couple times and get to know him, then you will know if he is decent and

Most likely, anyone using OK cupid or free dating sites are thinking "hook up only", but they sell it like "relationship wanted". You should know the deal by now. His hotness is confusing you, and you are not thinking with your brain...

Old 08-15-2013, 09:35 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
SNS is a detective.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:37 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
I would just answer back, "sure, what did you have in mind?" and you will know immediately rather than trying to guess. If it's anything that involves anything other than normal date activity or sounds sexual, just say you think you are looking for different things and wish him well.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:40 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
How many people verify identities in this manner?
I assume you are trying to pry out this guys last name without being obvious.
I already have the last name.

Quote:
Do you do this with guys you meet in public?
Yes, I Google them just to see what's out there.

Quote:
I would be willing to bet that this hottie and you have been texting/talking for a little bit by now. Is everyone a raging criminal these days? Why not just meet in public and see if you have a connection. If you don't then leave. If you do, then bring him home and
I'm not assuming he's a criminal. I just wouldn't want a completely different guy to show up for the date. lol

Quote:
I don't get the security clearance that some people feel they require just to meet a guy. I know personal safety is a concern for women, but isn't this extreme? I thought that is what public places were for. I kind of get the idea you want to jump his bones before getting to know him, and you need to make sure he isnt some axe murderer. Why not just meet a couple times and get to know him, then you will know if he is decent and
See above.

Quote:
Most likely, anyone using OK cupid or free dating sites are thinking "hook up only", but they sell it like "relationship wanted". You should know the deal by now. His hotness is confusing you, and you are not thinking with your brain...
True. I'm conflicted by his hotness.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,024 times
Last guy who invited me out for "some fun" online also included that I should bring my bikini. Dude is looking for booty.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:47 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Not trying to judge but I'm a bit confused by why you need to use OKCupid for hooking up this way. It seems like you are perfectly fine with just having sex, the only thing holding you back is whether he looks like his picture. As a woman, can't you find a good looking man in a bar/lounge/club, put the right moves on him and have a hookup easily? You're not looking for anything serious, why go through the trouble of screening men online?

Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM

523 posts, read 840,270 times
Quote:
I already have the last name.

Yes, I Google them just to see what's out there.

I'm not assuming he's a criminal. I just wouldn't want a completely different guy to show up for the date. lol

See above.

True. I'm conflicted by his hotness.
If this is all you are worried about, just meet him for coffee to see what he looks like. Probably would take less time than all the snooping you are doing. I don't see the big deal in just meeting someone? Since it doesn't seem you are concerned with his intentions, just his hotness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships