Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 12:07 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
How many people verify identities in this manner?
I assume you are trying to pry out this guys last name without being obvious.

Do you do this with guys you meet in public?

I would be willing to bet that this hottie and you have been texting/talking for a little bit by now. Is everyone a raging criminal these days? Why not just meet in public and see if you have a connection. If you don't then leave. If you do, then bring him home and

I don't get the security clearance that some people feel they require just to meet a guy. I know personal safety is a concern for women, but isn't this extreme? I thought that is what public places were for. I kind of get the idea you want to jump his bones before getting to know him, and you need to make sure he isnt some axe murderer. Why not just meet a couple times and get to know him, then you will know if he is decent and

Most likely, anyone using OK cupid or free dating sites are thinking "hook up only", but they sell it like "relationship wanted". You should know the deal by now. His hotness is confusing you, and you are not thinking with your brain...

Any woman who askes me my last name and we haven't made out yet is going to be introduced to TONE...................DIAL TONE LOL

I don't give that info out easily

Old 08-15-2013, 12:10 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'd say that about POF, but not OKC.

POF is a relationship website now and no longer allows men to send sexual requests

Old 08-15-2013, 12:13 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Eh, I think this guy is fake. I'm going to transfer my attention to another guy who I met on Tinder a few hours ago. He's already asked for my number and asked if I'd like to meet up but he didn't mention anything about "having some fun."
\

What's wrong with asking for your number so you can talk on the phone?

Old 08-15-2013, 12:15 PM
FBJ

Quote:
I do informal research. It's free, you just have to know where to look.

Asking someone for their last name and haven't met them yet is kind of odd

Old 08-15-2013, 12:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Asking someone for their last name and haven't met them yet is kind of odd
It can show up on caller ID.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:18 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Any woman who askes me my last name and we haven't made out yet is going to be introduced to TONE...................DIAL TONE LOL

I don't give that info out easily
This guy didn't give me his last name but I still found it. He gave me his first name and when I looked him up, I was taken to a page that had his full name and also additional pictures but for all I know, he could just be pretending to be that guy.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:22 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
Quote:
I haven't asked him exactly what he means by "have some fun" yet because I'm trying to verify his identity first before I agree to anything.
verify his identity? you gonna make him fill out an application and run a credit check?

to answer your question, "have some fun" could be totally innocuous, but chances are good it's a euphemism for sex. i'd ask what kind of fun he had in mind.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:26 PM
FBJ

Quote:
This guy didn't give me his last name but I still found it. He gave me his first name and when I looked him up, I was taken to a page that had his full name and also additional pictures but for all I know, he could just be pretending to be that guy.

So you whe digging huh??? I don't like the sound of that at ALL

Old 08-15-2013, 12:27 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
verify his identity? you gonna make him fill out an application and run a credit check?

to answer your question, "have some fun" could be totally innocuous, but chances are good it's a euphemism for sex. i'd ask what kind of fun he had in mind.

Could be safe adult fun like...........half naked twister"

Old 08-15-2013, 12:41 PM

523 posts, read 840,031 times
Quote:
Maybe he should be more worried about you than vice versa. You sound a little crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships