Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:16 PM

105 posts, read 283,961 times

Advertisements

Pretty cool the cop bought the little boy a bag of cookies instead of tasering him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 11:20 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Only if shes good with the handcuffs

Old 08-16-2013, 12:33 AM

285 posts, read 427,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
They have a high divorce rate, domestic abuse rate and suicide rate, so no.
why do they have a high suicide rate?

Old 08-16-2013, 05:32 AM

808 posts, read 1,878,694 times
I have yet to meet a female cop who wasn't on a power trip, so no.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:32 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytofly View Post
Constant exposure to human suffering: death, destruction, disaster, ghastly accidents, and unspeakable crimes can take its toll on any officer. I remember that I read it somewhere. Most of these officers commit suicide at age of 42. Many of them suffer from PTSD and depression.

They do have higher suicide rate compare to general population.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:38 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytofly View Post
I can't tell if this is a serious question or not?

They're first responders on a scene. If most people saw a fraction of what police officers saw or witnessed, they may question life too. And as others have stated, it's not just a thankless job, they've been villainized. They're automatically hated just for wearing a uniform.

There are bad apples in EVERY field, just as there are egomaniacs in EVERY field.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:02 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Frankly, I don't care if you folks would ever date an officer or not. But the anti-cop sentiment in this thread saddens me. It's obviously not just this thread, it's every where. We hear all about the bad officers. One of the web sites I go to often is PINAC | Photography is Not a Crime where there is story after story of LEOs taking peoples cameras, sometimes deleting the images and even arresting them for the simple act of photography. But I know not all of them are like tis. I have worked in the media before, too. I covered cases about bad cops and living in Columbia, there are legitimate questions about the entire culture at the police department here.

But most LEOs are not bad guys. Yes, there are bad apples. No, they are not the majority. The thing I keep going back to is 9/11. When folks were running out of the World Trade Center, who was running into it? Law enforcement officials, including those cops you guys despise.

That link we saw about the on duty officer who paid for the kids meal? Remember the only reason it was told was because the cop got shot right after. If he had not met an untimely end, we never would have heard that story. That's how most LEOs are.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:18 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Frankly, I don't care if you folks would ever date an officer or not. But the anti-cop sentiment in this thread saddens me. It's obviously not just this thread, it's every where. We hear all about the bad officers. One of the web sites I go to often is PINAC | Photography is Not a Crime where there is story after story of LEOs taking peoples cameras, sometimes deleting the images and even arresting them for the simple act of photography. But I know not all of them are like tis. I have worked in the media before, too. I covered cases about bad cops and living in Columbia, there are legitimate questions about the entire culture at the police department here.

But most LEOs are not bad guys. Yes, there are bad apples. No, they are not the majority. The thing I keep going back to is 9/11. When folks were running out of the World Trade Center, who was running into it? Law enforcement officials, including those cops you guys despise.

That link we saw about the on duty officer who paid for the kids meal? Remember the only reason it was told was because the cop got shot right after. If he had not met an untimely end, we never would have heard that story. That's how most LEOs are.
There are many good ones. And yes in an emergency I run or call them. They are trained for it. Sorry I don't know what to do when an armed man goes into a store but call 911, run and hide. I think many here would want their help. Very ignorant responses of bad mouthing whom many call for help.

Last edited by Raena77; 08-16-2013 at 07:33 AM..

Old 08-16-2013, 07:20 AM

523 posts, read 840,270 times
I have a cop fetish and I think they are so hot. Sadly, I don't meet many.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:20 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post

Yeah, there are A LOT of good people who are in law enforcement. The cop who handled my car accident a couple years ago was AWESOME. I don't hate cops at all.

But as for dating them? Oh hell no. Because if things go bad, they can turn your life upside down - and never suffer any consequences. I know multiple women who have been stalked and harassed and cheated on by cops.

At a picnic several years ago, I firsthand witnessed a cop talking about how he'd let a friend who could barely walk off for a DUI and then I watched him call up a buddy and tell him to drop the ticket against another person at the party. They have the power to mess with you, and they have a network that helps them do it.

I have a relative who was stalked by her ex - she had dated him maybe A DECADE before, and he decided he wanted to give things another try. He started showing up wherever she was - because she had a distinctive car, he had his cop buddies tell him when they spotted her.

The reason this thread was started was because of a thread in Psychology that asserted that the rate of domestic abuse for cops was twice the rate for the general public.

They walk among us with guns and they don't have to follow the same rules or face the same consequences as the rest of the population. I respect the need for their profession, but I don't think it makes for a healthy mindset for probably most of them. And the problems they can create in your life make dating them simply not worth it. I value my freedom, sanity and privacy far too much to risk letting someone like that into my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships