Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 06:03 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I could not imagine a woman trying to get alimony and child support from me, I would leave the nation and all of my family behind, it would be a very sad day but I refuse to live like a pauper. I would go to my grave working to out maneuver people who would seek to make my life harder.

Better not have kids if you're so averse to providing for them.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:19 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
The OP's name is "spirit led" My guess is that she is a Christian and believes she is led by the spirit. If that was true, the Spirit would lead her to stay faithful to her husband and keep the vows she made before God. But I'm confused about her whole post. She asks for advice on a forum and then doesn't want advice?

Old 08-19-2013, 06:23 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You're hired! You just have to be willing to live off a teacher's salary (we'd be on welfare)..LOL

I just recently retired from stay at home mom. It was quite the shock to everyone's system here! Where's dinner? Where are my clean clothes? What do you mean I have to stay home with the sick kid?
Where's my sandwich? lol!

Good for you for resuming your working career.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:43 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit led View Post
I am unhappily married with children. I have been a stay at home mom/ housewife most of our marriage aside from the past 6 years of running a business with my husband. We have been to 2 different marriage counselors in the last year to no avail.
I want a divorce but would like to resume being a housewife. Are there any men interested in a stay at home wife? (that would treat her well and not as their property?)
You're basically auctioning yourself off on a public forum as a piece of meat, but say you don't want to be treated like "property"? Can you do us a favor? Can you bring your husband to this forum si we can offer him some advice?

Old 08-19-2013, 07:50 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
If you come with a house, sure.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:04 AM

808 posts, read 1,878,694 times
A housewife is a luxury most men can't afford.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:07 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red4ce View Post
A housewife is a luxury most men can't afford.
An exotic sports car is a luxury most men can't afford. A housewife can be a partner for life and a wonderful companion to a man who sees her as an equal rather than a possession.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
After I had my son I decided I wanted to stay at home with him until he was going to nursery, I didn't want to leave him to go to work and have someone else raise him while I was gone. I've had the privilege and I loved it. Now he's almost 3 and I'm bored stiff!! I hate being at home all the time, he starts nursery in October and I start university in September. I'm only 25 I need to do some productive with my life and also set a good example for my son not stay at home to cook and clean, that would honestly slowly kill me. Not to mention the fact you depend on a man to live as you have no money! Why would any woman want that?

Independence is the only way for me
I've been a SAHM for a few years. I enjoy it, but since I did get bored, I have taken on some part time work at home for one of my neighbors. Not much money, but gives me something to do for a few hours during the school year. I only do it when the kids are in school.

It was just too stressful to try to keep a family running AND work full time outside the home. My husband did a great job splitting chores and kid stuff, but it seemed like we never got to bed before midnight, never had 3 minutes to actually talk or be a couple, etc. when we both worked full time.

We have a stronger relationship with our kids (both hubby and I) as well as more time to be intimate with one another, since I can keep the household chores more up to date during the day, & take care of little family and kid related odds and ends before he gets home. Yes, he DOES do things around the house too, but proportionate to the amount of time he is at home vs. me.

I enjoy working & can do so if finances require it, but since we're comfortable on one salary, this works for us & is preferable for the time being. I'm no June Cleaver, but it works.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
No.

If I make enough money to support myself, a wife and her kids that aren't mine, why would I sign up for that? I'd rather be single AND save money in the process. Less stress.

A housewife is not the norm anymore. It's difficult to support a family on one income.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:11 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
An exotic sports car is a luxury most men can't afford. A housewife can be a partner for life and a wonderful companion to a man who sees her as an equal rather than a possession.
I'm sorry but that makes no sense. A man who works will not see a woman who doesn't work as an equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships