Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 04:46 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I know zero men like this. Most of my guy friends that end relarionshios LOVE being single after. I always have. Nothing like having the freedom to do and sleep with whoever you want.

Your post is on par with others I see from you. Typical distaste and negative views towards men. No surprise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
I think the bold may be what she is talking about. Men on a large scale do try to arrange for sexual partners once they leave a relationship. Maybe some are looking for another relationship and others are just looking for casual sex. Either way a lot of guys leave a relationship looking for something. I wouldn't write off Tabularasa as a man hater simply for pointing that out. Especially since you sort of acknowledge it yourself.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:18 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I think the bold may be what she is talking about. Men on a large scale do try to arrange for sexual partners once they leave a relationship. Maybe some are looking for another relationship and others are just looking for casual sex. Either way a lot of guys leave a relationship looking for something. I wouldn't write off Tabularasa as a man hater simply for pointing that out. Especially since you sort of acknowledge it yourself.
I typically try to avoid sweeping generalizations of either gender.

I just try associate with good women and men to avoid having those views.

I know some down right terrible people both male and female but I don't believe that is typical of a specific gender.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,435,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit led View Post
Are there any men interested in a stay at home wife?
Yes

Old 08-18-2013, 06:25 PM

4 posts, read 9,949 times
Ok. Just to clarify a little, I would be walking away with a sum of money so I wouldn't consider myself a mooch. Second, I am the brains running the business, not my husband. Yeah, I would love to start a new business but have no ideas to move on. Fixing the marriage is not an option right now and I didn't ask for marriage advice.
I believe strongly in the traditional family roles and that is where my question came from.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I typically try to avoid sweeping generalizations of either gender.

I just try associate with good women and men to avoid having those views.

I know some down right terrible people both male and female but I don't believe that is typical of a specific gender.

I understand and appreciate that. But I don't think acknowledging that men often line up "accommodations" for when they leave a relationship is not uncommon is not a sweeping generalization. If she had said, "All men are the same..." then I would agree she made a generalization and would take whatever followed with a grain of salt. I don't think that's what she did.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Ok. Just to clarify a little, I would be walking away with a sum of money so I wouldn't consider myself a mooch. Second, I am the brains running the business, not my husband. Yeah, I would love to start a new business but have no ideas to move on. Fixing the marriage is not an option right now and I didn't ask for marriage advice.
I believe strongly in the traditional family roles and that is where my question came from.
Even knowing this you may be looking at an uphill battle. You are still bringing someone else's children into a new relationship, so you'll need to find a man who 1) can support that (even though you are bringing some money of your own along with you) and 2) is willing to support that. Men like that are out there, I'm sure, but they are also likely going to tread lightly. You don't just leave a marriage and then start a new long-term relationship the next week. It takes time to reset, re-normalize, and then move on. A smart man is going to want to see signs of this before expressing his interest in you.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:41 PM

4 posts, read 9,949 times
Thank you for not using sarcasm, as seems to be the trend in this post. I can see I could have worded my question a little more carefully.
As for people who think I am bored or not trying hard enough, it is my husband who cannot/will not change and I have no control over that. I have made the changes asked of me.
It would be great if people did not make judgements when they do not have all the facts.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:48 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Thank you for not using sarcasm, as seems to be the trend in this post. I can see I could have worded my question a little more carefully.
As for people who think I am bored or not trying hard enough, it is my husband who cannot/will not change and I have no control over that. I have made the changes asked of me.
It would be great if people did not make judgements when they do not have all the facts.
Just to warn you, this isn't the "nicest" forum.
It isn't the "meanest" one either, but it certainly isn't butterflies, rainbows and romance here. Just warning ya...

Last edited by srjth; 08-18-2013 at 07:07 PM..

Old 08-18-2013, 06:50 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
As I said before, OP, I've been surprised by some of the stories I've read about legit guys seeking brides abroad. Men who probably wouldn't consider a single mom here in the US are charmed by unassuming, down-to-earth, affectionate single moms, even those on the pudgy side, if they come from an exotic locale, and most importantly it seems, are found by going down a list provided by professional headhunters all in a neat package that can be assessed on a whirlwind 2-week tour. There's gotta be a way to reach that market, the guys who don't even know how to begin dating at home and are overwhelmed at the thought. Start a marriage broker service yourself. Maybe that could be your next business.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Haha, you're welcome. I'll admit, I thought you were trolling at first, since you started the discussion and then disappeared for a while. We get a lot of "drive by" trolling in here. I'm glad to see this is a real topic to you, and at the same time offer my condolences due to your situation.

My best answer is have patience. I know it probably isn't really what you want to hear. It's never what I want to hear when it's an answer to my questions. Get through your separation first. Take it one step at a time. It's okay to plan three or so moves ahead, but be ready for circumstances to change and life to take you in directions you didn't expect. If you were the brains of your business operations, you probably already know this.

Do you have a friend or loved one you can confide in? Someone to be a sounding board as you navigate this part of your life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships