Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 06:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit led View Post
Thank you for not using sarcasm, as seems to be the trend in this post. I can see I could have worded my question a little more carefully.
As for people who think I am bored or not trying hard enough, it is my husband who cannot/will not change and I have no control over that. I have made the changes asked of me.
It would be great if people did not make judgements when they do not have all the facts.
I answered you without any sarcasm.

I actually know a housewife who met a man while she was in the process of leaving another man. She brought along two kids, even.

You willing to have more kids for your new husband who will support all of you?

Old 08-18-2013, 07:16 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I understand and appreciate that. But I don't think acknowledging that men often line up "accommodations" for when they leave a relationship is not uncommon is not a sweeping generalization. If she had said, "All men are the same..." then I would agree she made a generalization and would take whatever followed with a grain of salt. I don't think that's what she did.
If you can't even recall what was said theres no sense in disagreeing.

She didnt say often. She said, and I quote, even with caps locks as she used them to emphasize her point "CONSTANTLY"

I'm all for disagreeing but quote what she actually said instead of downplaying what was actually said.

Please tell me you can see the difference between these two statements.

"Some men sleep around"

"Men CONSTANTLY sleep around"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-18-2013, 07:21 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
If you can't even recall what was said theres no sense in disagreeing.

She didnt say often. She said, and I quote, even with caps locks as she used them to emphasize her point "CONSTANTLY"

I'm all for disagreeing but quote what she actually said instead of downplaying what was actually said.

You're an adult I imagine. Please tell me you can see the difference between these two statements.

"Some men sleep around"

"Men CONSTANTLY sleep around"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
I am not disagreeing with that. I said it was not uncommon, in fact. To say "something is not uncommon" is another way of saying "it happens constantly" which is what the poster in question said. Not sure where your disagreement is...

Here's what she said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Seriously, men CONSTANTLY fill the position of "next girlfriend" prior to exiting a relationship or marriage. Guys hardly ever exit one relationship without another thing set up and ready to go.
I would disagree with "...men ALWAYS..." or "...ALL men..." but here statement as written is not untrue. It's an acknowledgement of reality. Men do frequently (or constantly if you will) do exactly what she described. Again, I'm not sure why you would be so upset by my comments.

Last edited by iknowftbll; 08-18-2013 at 07:35 PM..

Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Not many men would want to support a housewife with kids. Don't blame them actually.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit led View Post
I am unhappily married with children. I have been a stay at home mom/ housewife most of our marriage aside from the past 6 years of running a business with my husband. We have been to 2 different marriage counselors in the last year to no avail.
I want a divorce but would like to resume being a housewife. Are there any men interested in a stay at home wife? (that would treat her well and not as their property?)
And while we are on the topic, are there any women interested in letting me stay at home?

Can provide sex once you get home from your job.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:13 PM

417 posts, read 824,930 times
my dream is to own a cottage/farm with no neighbours around for 100 miles. i'd live in cottage/farm with my wife. we'd have one or two pet dogs, multiple hunting rifles, and be as self-sufficient as one can reasonably expect to be in the modern world. every morning id wake up to tend the fields and animals, and my wife would tend to our kids. we've switch up or help each other however much the other one wanted. this is the only situation where i'd want to "support" a house-wife... also if she had some kind of artistic dream or go back to school/ do something kind of dream where she couldn't be working to do it.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:16 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
And while we are on the topic, are there any women interested in letting me stay at home?

Old 08-18-2013, 09:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Incidentally I have a friend like the op who was divorcing and wanted a new man to support her like her former husband. She ended up getting a job because she found out when didn't want to support her. She was also obese and lazy but that's not the point, the point is she found out this was unlikely.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:27 PM

348 posts, read 498,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post

As long as you take care of everything in the house and all crap that goes with it, heck yeah. The sex better be awesome!

Old 08-18-2013, 09:38 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Never take a woman for granted - if you do - you will live to regret it. Be kind- help out...a woman is not a servant nor is a man- you must serve each other. Family life is a wonderful experience and gift- cherish it - it does not last forever.
This is a wonderful post. It is too bad men can't figure this out for themselves. Put her on a pedestal, be kind to her, and be a help mate, if you do you will not have many of the problems that plague some couples. When a woman really values you, she will do just about anything to keep you happy if you treat her right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships