Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 10:41 PM

85 posts, read 97,498 times

Advertisements

Here is a previous link to my thread "How should I go about being Just Friends with her.
----------- //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...out-being.html ---

I wanted to make this follow up for every guy trying to decide whether to stay friends with their ex.

Well, today I spent the entire day with her. We had the best day we have ever had together. After we ate and talked about everything, things got serious and I asked her "If you really truly care about me, tell me whether the future will cause me pain." She said "What would cause the pain?" I took a moment to think about it, and responded with "seeing you date anyone else." She seemed uncomfortable at first but said "I care about you so much....so I dont think we should be friends."

So I got my books together and asked if I could walk her to her car. On the walk, I asked her to block me on facebook and anything else social media related. Half way to her car, she started crying. I couldn't say anything, so I just kept walking.

When we got to her car, I put my stuff down and approached her. She set her stuff down and I gave her a long hug. I let go, grabbed her right hand with both of mine, and told her that I didn't want to do this. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and forced myself to turn around and leave.

By far the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but it was what had to be done.

Thank you everyone who gave me advice on my original post, it really did help.

And a special thanks to lovesmountains. She took time out of her day to help me find myself and she is the reason this happened. Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 10:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figuremeout View Post
Here is a previous link to my thread "How should I go about being Just Friends with her.
----------- //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...out-being.html ---

I wanted to make this follow up for every guy trying to decide whether to stay friends with their ex.

Well, today I spent the entire day with her. We had the best day we have ever had together. After we ate and talked about everything, things got serious and I asked her "If you really truly care about me, tell me whether the future will cause me pain." She said "What would cause the pain?" I took a moment to think about it, and responded with "seeing you date anyone else." She seemed uncomfortable at first but said "I care about you so much....so I dont think we should be friends."

So I got my books together and asked if I could walk her to her car. On the walk, I asked her to block me on facebook and anything else social media related. Half way to her car, she started crying. I couldn't say anything, so I just kept walking.

When we got to her car, I put my stuff down and approached her. She set her stuff down and I gave her a long hug. I let go, grabbed her right hand with both of mine, and told her that I didn't want to do this. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and forced myself to turn around and leave.

By far the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but it was what had to be done.

Thank you everyone who gave me advice on my original post, it really did help.

And a special thanks to lovesmountains. She took time out of her day to help me find myself and she is the reason this happened. Thank you so much.
Wow, that's a stunning ending!

But hey, all I did was point out a few truths and supply some good reading material - you did the work.

I know this was a hard thing for you to do - maybe the hardest thing you've ever done in your life.

But you did what you knew was right and best for you in the long run - and that took guts.

In life we really just have 3 options in any difficult situation:

change it
accept it
leave it

You knew that you couldn't change her or her feelings, you knew that accepting just being her friend was not what you wanted, so you had to leave the situation.

I'm proud of you for tackling this problem in such a healthy way.

While your feelings for this girl won't just disappear over night, in time you will meet the right girl and come to see how what you have been through today is what put you on the path to being with her.

All the best my friend!

Old 08-28-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Wow, that's a stunning ending!

But hey, all I did was point out a few truths and supply some good reading material - you did the work.

I know this was a hard thing for you to do - maybe the hardest thing you've ever done in your life.

But you did what you knew was right and best for you in the long run - and that took guts.

In life we really just have 3 options in any difficult situation:

change it
accept it
leave it

You knew that you couldn't change her or her feelings, you knew that accepting just being her friend was not what you wanted, so you had to leave the situation.

I'm proud of you for tackling this problem in such a healthy way.

While your feelings for this girl won't just disappear over night, in time you will meet the right girl and come to see how what you have been through today is what put you on the path to being with her.

All the best my friend!
I'm sure I will have a longer message to send you later on, but I will be sure to keep you updated ^_^

Old 08-29-2013, 12:42 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
Be sure to follow through: vanish...for a while, until you feel better.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Be sure to follow through: vanish...for a while, until you feel better.
Its not as hard as I thought it would be. I really wanted to end it this way.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:56 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,310,482 times
You committed a rare and noble deed: you got out at the right time, you got out fairly, and you got out with your and her dignity intact. This is how you break up. There is no going back, not now, not ever. Enrich yourself and be fulfilled. This will benefit the right partner who finally comes into your life, and that can happen quicker because you were able to do this.

And +1 rep point to you (for life and your profile).

Old 09-01-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
You committed a rare and noble deed: you got out at the right time, you got out fairly, and you got out with your and her dignity intact. This is how you break up. There is no going back, not now, not ever. Enrich yourself and be fulfilled. This will benefit the right partner who finally comes into your life, and that can happen quicker because you were able to do this.

And +1 rep point to you (for life and your profile).
Thats very sweet of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships