Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 03:19 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

I'll take the weed burner. Cigarettes turn people instant ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 03:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Well, the cigarette smoker, I'd be bugged daily and with the pot smoker, I'd be bugged weekly. That being said - I've never dated anyone who did either one more than once or twice - so I doubt I'd be with a daily cigarette smoker or a weekly pot smoker.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:43 PM

351 posts, read 693,371 times
I dated a guy that smoked both cigs and pot. I didn't like either, but at least there's a medicinal use to pot. I couldn't stand the cigarettes. I don't smoke either. I would not date either unless the guy I'm dating needed the pot for medicinal use. So with that in mind, if I had to date one or the other, I'd prefer to date the weed smoker. But I'm more than overjoyed that the man I married neither smokes anything nor drinks. I plan to keep it that way.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:45 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Maybe some people just don't like it?

I'll have some alcohol here and there, but I can't stand pot. It's a personal preference.
I can't stand the pot evangelists more that the pot itself. If you smoke every so often and shut up about it, fine, if you have to go on and on about how lame everyone who doesn't smoke is, then nope. Shut it down.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I can't stand the pot evangelists more that the pot itself. If you smoke every so often and shut up about it, fine, if you have to go on and on about how lame everyone who doesn't smoke is, then nope. Shut it down.
Exactly! I dealt with this SO MUCH when I lived in CA... people would go on and on about how I should smoke and that I was 'boring' because I didn't. One of my friends (if he was with me, and he's a fairly regular smoker) would usually chime in and say 'well, if you want to see her projectile vomit then sure, give her some weed'... because that's exactly what happens. It just doesn't agree with me.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
Everything else (friends, money, hygiene, behavior, employment) is the same, which would bother you more?

Smokes 1/2 to 1 pack of cigarettes daily OR
Smokes pot three or four times a month on weekends?
The cigs would bother me way more. I don't smoke pot, but I would view someone who smokes it once a week about the same as someone who has a few drinks once a week. A pack-a-day cigarette smoker is going stink, as is everything they own.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:25 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idk997 View Post
I think the comparison should be smokes pot daily or smokes cigs daily.
This would make the question far more difficult for me to answer.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:19 PM

504 posts, read 852,204 times
Pot smoker would bug me more. I don't particularly *like* cigarette smoke smell, but at least it doesn't make me instantly nauseated like the smell of pot smoke. It's made me leave concerts before.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:56 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,081,522 times
I think cigarettes are far worse.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:06 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
While I dislike both, I'd be far more lenient on the pot smoking as long as he kept it quiet. I can't stand guys/girls who keep bongs on their coffee tables or wear things with pot leaves on it...I mean come on.

I don't like the smell of weed (it makes me nauseated) or cigarettes but if I absolutely had to make a choice I'd choose the pot.
Same here. But both suck. I don't smoke anything.

If you want to do it (pot) a few times a year when I am not around? Sure. Regular habit? Pass! (But not puff, puff, pass).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships