Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 06:33 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
Dude, all I'm saying is getting poontang is so easy in Dallas and Houston. If you can't do it then lay down on the tracks of an oncoming train and end your life.
Why ? A man's life is worthless if he can't get a date ? That's the only value there is to a man's life ?

Sorry, but that is just false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
What's so sick about it?
I don't know. I'll just say I always just assumed F stood for female in that acronym and so the actual spelling out of the acronym kind of shocked me a little. I guess I'm a little bit of a prude. What can I say ?

Old 08-21-2013, 06:59 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I don't know. I'll just say I always just assumed F stood for female in that acronym
Mom I'd like to female?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Mom I'd like to female?
No, I didn't know what MIL stood for. I just assumed F stood for female. I hadn't ever got too curious about what MILF meant until now.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:41 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
It looks like the local women of NE cities like philly NYC and Boston are a like in one way shape or form, shallow, rrserved, fences up and stuck up. Probably the cold weather have women in this region with plenty hangups while the Transplanted women are different. Any way most yuppie, creative, hipster transplant only hang around other transplants like themselves as friends and for relationships in any city throughout the country. Even in my NYC transplant women date transplant guys and rarely date locals for various reasons like locals being less educated as well as less underpaid and live in undersseriable neighborhoods that are too far from trendy areas or may have high crime rates. If I was the op, just move to a city like NYC, DC, Philly Chicago or SF and live in areas where all of the out of towners like yourself live. But mind you these areas are very expensive to live, wine and dine. But for me I would rather choose a city in the sunbelt like Atlanta, Austin, Miami, LA, San Diego where both local and transplanted women are less reserved and not ad stuck up as the snobby north and northeast.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:12 PM

543 posts, read 534,205 times
Current demographics show larger female to male ratios in the East Coast cities. As you go West the ratios skew towards more males than females. Don't know why. Maybe it's the delusion put out by Hollywood about living the "Sex in the City" life.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:25 PM

415 posts, read 599,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
No, I didn't know what MIL stood for. I just assumed F stood for female. I hadn't ever got too curious about what MILF meant until now.
Perhaps you thought it meant Merrily-In-Love-Female?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Current demographics show larger female to male ratios in the East Coast cities. As you go West the ratios skew towards more males than females. Don't know why. Maybe it's the delusion put out by Hollywood about living the "Sex in the City" life.
After the Civil War, a huge number of men migrated west in search of gold, fur, buffalo, working the railroads, working in mines, and other labor-type jobs. Most of the jobs are for males. They require long hours and little time for feminine socializing. That's pretty much how things still are out there. There are a lot of labor jobs out there and less opportunity for women. Many of the towns and cities are sparsely populated. Women prefer to be mainly west of the Mississippi because there are more towns and places to socialize as well as much more opportunities.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Perhaps you thought it meant Merrily-In-Love-Female?

After the Civil War, a huge number of men migrated west in search of gold, fur, buffalo, working the railroads, working in mines, and other labor-type jobs. Most of the jobs are for males. They require long hours and little time for feminine socializing. That's pretty much how things still are out there. There are a lot of labor jobs out there and less opportunity for women. Many of the towns and cities are sparsely populated. Women prefer to be mainly west of the Mississippi because there are more towns and places to socialize as well as much more opportunities.
This theory would explain why there are slightly more women in large cities and slightly more men in small towns and rural areas (which is true), but it doesn't explain why there are more women in cities in the east and more men in (presumably similar-sized) cities in the west. Perhaps the tech industry plays a role in the west.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:17 AM

71 posts, read 91,181 times
Quote:
Transplanted women were friendly. Born and raised Massachusetts chicks are not friendly at all.

Like I said before, don't move to Boston if you're a single guy. You'll hate it. Fact.

As far as Philly goes, the women there aren't attractive. If you asked me what U.S. cities have the least attractive women, Philly would be in my top 5 pick.
I'm from the heart of New England so I don't think I'd see a noticeable difference in Boston. A lot of my friends from college are there and seem to like it.

What are you basing your opinion of Philly on? Bad experiences there?

As for the other discussion, the girls I've ever been interested in the past have always been right around my age (within a year or two) so I don't think I will be pursuing MILF's or GILF's anytime soon (haha). I don't think I could date a person with kids at this point in my life. I'm too young to have to/want to deal with that.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:18 AM

415 posts, read 599,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
This theory would explain why there are slightly more women in large cities and slightly more men in small towns and rural areas (which is true), but it doesn't explain why there are more women in cities in the east and more men in (presumably similar-sized) cities in the west. Perhaps the tech industry plays a role in the west.
That's basically what I'm trying to say. In the west, there seems to be far more jobs for men than women. Whether it be a mining job in Nevada, a tech job in California, or working on a ranch in New Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships