Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 9,722 times

Advertisements

I feel a little silly asking about this. I mean for crying out loud im 29 years old. I should know stuff like this by now shouldn't I? So here is the situation, I met someone off a dating website. Things went good, we even hung out the next night, did some hugging, kissing, cuddling, all that good innocent stuff. But then after that night, 2 weeks ago..hardley no contact at all. I guess it wouldn't be such a big deal to me if I didn't actually like this guy and see some potential in him. But I do. *sigh* This guy did tell me up front that he is not that big on the phone or talking on the computer, and he did like a lot of time to himself. So I dont bother him. I have let him initiate any contact since our meeting. Well needless to say that has been very sparse. He has sent me a few messages online, a few last week stating he was sick, but he missed me and hoped to hang out sometime. Well he ended up staying sick all last weekend so I wasn't able to see him then. I guess Im just wondering if I should take all of this as a sign that he is not interested. I tend to be a trusting person, so a part of me wants to believe that he values his time to himself and doesn't want to be bothered or whatever bytalking on the phone or computer. But another part of me is thinking if he liked me like he told me he did, and wanted to get to know me more, like he also told me he did, why wouldn't he try doing that? Regardless of the type of relationship you want with someone, whether it be a friendship or a relationship, you have to put some time and effort into it you know? Granted it has only been 2 weeks since we met. I guess Im scared he is not interested anymore, or that I may be being played for a fool. I guess Im also scared of losing this new potential that I found, that I haven't found in awhile now. Any insight for me? Should I just hang in there and wait for him to contact me? Or throw in the towel and say screw it? Im just kinda making myself miserable over here wondering what is going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,653 times
and you are sure he is not married? Seems strange that you meet online yet he says he doesn't communicate via computer or phone for that matter....it's that what dating is all about?

I'd like to believe that when people are not interested in someone, they say so...but dragging you along; but says he would like to "hang out" another time, makes me think he's go more on his plate than you are aware of.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 PM

4 posts, read 9,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
and you are sure he is not married? Seems strange that you meet online yet he says he doesn't communicate via computer or phone for that matter....it's that what dating is all about?

I'd like to believe that when people are not interested in someone, they say so...but dragging you along; but says he would like to "hang out" another time, makes me think he's go more on his plate than you are aware of.
That seems to be a lot of the response I get when I tell my friends about this situation. He told me he is not married. He actually just broke out of an engagement in July or August. So maybe that is a reason he might be taking things slow? *shrug* I just want to trust everything he has told me, although its hard since I barely know him. Yet, he hasnt given me a reason yet not to trust him. Its just so confusing! lol

Old 11-14-2007, 09:54 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Give him space. Let him be the first to get things going again. Let him have a chance to pursue you. Don't act clingy or needy.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:37 PM

314 posts, read 719,210 times
I would suggest you keep looking-one of the books that really helps explain this is "He is just not into you". People who want to be together make the time to do so. There is a lot of fish in the sea and why waste time on one that is not too interested in your bait? This was a hard lesson for me coming out of long marriage [30+ years] and still trying to think the best of people. Value yourself enough to spend your time wisely. Good luck to you...

Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,989 times
First of all, when it comes to men, you must remember: Ignore everything he says and only pay attention to his actions.

When a man falls in love with a woman, he will climb the highest mountain to be with her. In other words, he finds the time to call.

Just because a man kisses and cuddles and tries to go to bed with you, does not mean that he likes you. This is why it is better to hold off on the hugging and kissing part to find out his real intentions. If he is interesting, he keeps coming back and then you know.

You've only known this man for two dates. You met him on the internet. You really don't know anything about him. He could have a girlfriend or he could be out with another woman that he met on the internet tonight. You don't know.

I would let this one go and keep dating. Just be glad you only kissed and cuddled and that you did not go to bed with him. (How lousy would that feel?) And when you meet another guy you like, give him a hug and say good night at the end of the date...and then see if he calls.

greenie

Old 11-14-2007, 11:40 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,989 times
Hey, what happened? As soon as I posted my response, there were like five of you already ahead of me. Mainstreet, Mui, all of you, I think it's time for bed.

greenie

Old 11-15-2007, 06:25 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
yep some men are sneaky and very selfish. Sounds like he isn't interested and you can do better.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:38 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Maybe he's not interested but maybe he is really sick, but what it might be is that you are moving to fast for him and he is backing you off, take it easy and see what happens.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,622 times
Of course I can only go by your perceptions. But I would agree with the others = if someone wants to be with you and see you, they will be with you.

Also, did he say not to call him? If yes, than the whole thing about not talking on the phone computer could just be the way he is. I am that way - I prefer to talk in person and not over email or phone.

If you are not calling/emailing/chatting with this guy and you really like doing those things when you are dating than I would forget about this good. The best relationships are when you can feel comfortable communicating when you want too, not on the other persons terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships