Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 PM

209 posts, read 313,229 times

Advertisements

Hello, to the men on this forum,

if you had a choice would you prefer a woman who was just as smart as you or a woman who was smarter then you?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 10:15 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,435,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelOrear View Post

if you had a choice would you prefer a woman who was just as smart as you or a woman who was smarter then you?

Thanks
All else (mental health, physical health, etc) being equal, I'd chose smarter than I am because the overall smartness of the couple as a whole is increased.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:18 PM

96 posts, read 148,628 times
Kindness and sweetness trumps intelligence any day for me.

Some of the smartest are a real smartass........

Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 PM

13,650 posts, read 9,708,585 times
As a man who prattles much, yet utters little of true portent, I crave the honor of wiser company – yet not too wise, for then I’d not be chosen.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:27 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,973 times
intelligence is over rated when it comes to compatibility, at least IME. my SO doesn't have to be a member of mensa to be loving, caring, friendly, kind and hot. i'm sure if she did a dissertation on 18th century political philosophy that wouldn't make our conversations over meals any more "meaningful".

long time ago i wanted my ideal mate to have some type of post graduate studies under the thinking that "one should have the appropriate credentials commensurate with the degree of their intelligence." then i saw the light, and now i have no problem being involved with a woman who is a waitress so long as she makes me happy.... i figured i have enough education and "intelligence" for the both of us anyway. plus, i rarely discuss "deep thoughts" with anyone like i did in college, except of course here on CDR

Last edited by nokiddin; 09-03-2013 at 11:02 PM..

Old 09-03-2013, 10:31 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelOrear View Post

Thanks
What do you mean by smarter than you. Normally you would be smart about something, and she will be smart about something else.

I would be a little scared if she knew more than me in the areas I am interested in, because I already know a lot. But I really don't think I would mind.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
intelligence is over rated when it comes to compatibility, at least IME. my SO doesn't have to be a member of mensa to be loving, caring, friendly, kind and hot. i'm sure if she did a dissertation on 18th century political philosophy that wouldn't make our conversations over meals any more "meaningful".

long time ago i wanted my ideal mate to have some type of post graduate studies under the thinking that "one should have the appropriate credentials commensurate with the degree of their intelligence." then i saw the light, and now i have no problem being involved with a woman who is a waitress so long as she makes me happy.... i figured i have enough education and "intelligence" for the both of us anyway. plus, i rarely discuss "deep thoughts" with anyone like i did in college, except of course here on CDR
Same here, always having a woman correcting you on spelling errors or use of improper grammar is such a drag and not sexy. You guys feel it too.....I hope!

Give me warm, kind and loving any day.

If she is smarter than I am, she doesn't break my balls.

She's loving and figures it shows little merit on our overall relationship.

Even more unattractive is a college masters degree and a smart "yap".

Old 09-03-2013, 11:19 PM

43 posts, read 189,033 times
I wouldn't mind someone who's more intelligent than I am. I like learning stuff, so it would just be a benefit. They would probably be a bit intimidating at first, but if she liked me then what does it matter?

Old 09-03-2013, 11:20 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9052BK-AFO-II-AUTO View Post
Same here, always having a woman correcting you on spelling errors or use of improper grammar is such a drag and not sexy. You guys feel it too.....I hope!

Give me warm, kind and loving any day.

If she is smarter than I am, she doesn't break my balls.

She's loving and figures it shows little merit on our overall relationship.

Even more unattractive is a college masters degree and a smart "yap".
i definitely get you. it just took crashing two relationships for me to arrive at my epiphany that i was making the wrong choices in women.

now brace yourself cuz feminine rage is about the shower upon us....

Old 09-03-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
i definitely get you. it just took crashing two relationships for me to arrive at my epiphany that i was making the wrong choices in women.

now brace yourself cuz feminine rage is about the shower upon us....
Oh God, not those types either.

Their pooh pooh don't stink.....

Rev my engine and make me glad to be a man.

Don't go out of your way to irritate me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships