Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 04:30 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsmith6452 View Post
she likes to cause trouble. She tells me that it brings her joy to cause others pain.
WHOA! Whoa, whoa! Did everyone else see this ^^^? I didn't, on the first read.

OP, why are you with someone like this? Does this reflect your values? Stop and think: do you consider this to be a good match with you? REALLY stop and think about this!

No one in their right mind would be with someone who enjoys causing pain to others. If you stay with her, we'll have to declare you as crazy as she is.

This is what we call a FLASHING NEON RED FLAG! She's already caused you to go into deep depression and flunk out of school, and you want to know how to salvage this relationship?????!!!!!!! If this happened to a friend of yours, would you advise him to stay with her?

Please, OP: stop. Think. Knock some sense into your own head. You'll be a failure if you STAY with this woman! You've already become a failure in school because of her. If you leave her, you'll be a winner.

RUN, don't walk, from this abuser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 05:07 PM

211 posts, read 373,234 times
What the **** is wrong with you? Is all this worth it?? A sexless fight laden depressing relationship with someone who doesnt like you?? You ****ing tripping bruh.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:13 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
This sounds like me!!

Dump her...

Old 09-05-2013, 05:36 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
It sounds to me like the two of you have incompatible communication styles. You need things to be direct, and she needs them to be indirect.

This is like me and my ex -- he found an indirect woman, after we broke up, and they are married and happy as clams. He says they go around and around, with repetitions of, 'I don't know, what do you want?' and he likes this. I laughed and told him affectionately that that would drive me insane .

As for antidepressants, given the context that you describe, I think you will find that therapy will work more quickly and have far longer-lasting results. Look up the studies showing permanent changes in depressed brains from talk therapy. And you should be able to get it for free at school.

I have no idea whether she is a bad person or has a screw loose. But I don't think she is compatible with you, based on communication style alone.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:39 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
She tells me that it brings her joy to cause others pain.
I'm voting for "screw loose".

Old 09-05-2013, 05:42 PM

74 posts, read 141,596 times
Move on, if you are not happy then don't waste your time. You will be much better off.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:56 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Hi,

Before I tell this story, I'm a 23 year old male that has been in a relationship with a 21 year old female for a year and 8 months. I'm the kind of guy that puts everything he has into his relationships. It's just we've been having a really hard time and I feel like I need some help.

So to start off, we've had our share of rocky times. Most of the time, it seems like we get along great and nothing ever seems to be a problem. I'm kind of an easy going guy, and she likes to cause trouble. She tells me that it brings her joy to cause others pain.
That's as far as I needed to read.

You must enjoy having pain inflicted upon you if you didn't bolt the second she put you on notice that she's an antisocial twit, much less have been with such a toxic person for 8 months. That being the case, stick it out because you're made for each other.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:58 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Come on, no woman is THAT hot.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:00 PM

149 posts, read 347,797 times
I know you've got a lot of time invested in this relationship but you obviously are not happy and she sounds like a very toxic person. It sounds to me like the best thing to do here is to terminate the relationship. I think in the long run you'll look back and be oh so glad that you did. Good luck to you.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:03 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Move on. Let her deal with her own idiocy. Shes playing games ith you. Tel her you won't play and to go away. She's probably a fatal attraction kind of gal so exect a boiling bunny ( in your case a boiling kitten ) in your kitchen in a pot. But you need to get distance from crazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships