Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 07:36 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,790,924 times

Advertisements

I seriously hope that this thread does not offend anyone and that this thread does not violate any of the rules of/in this forum.

I am obviously talking about this from a moral perspective, rather than from a legal one. Also, I am obviously talking about notifying/telling their partners this information "early on," before their relationship gets "in too deep."

For the record, I am open to the idea of getting a sex change myself in the long run. Also, I am very open to the idea of marrying a trans-women, in large part due to their inability to get pregnant.

In response to my own question, I would say Yes, since I think that many people might (IMHO, unfortunately) care a lot about this, and thus I don't think that it would be a good idea for trans-people to wait until their relationship with someone else is "in too deep" to tell their partners about their "status" (for the lack of a better word), since doing this could lead to their partners becoming emotionally/mentally hurt and/or traumatized and since in the worse case scenario, this could unfortunately lead to violence against these trans-people, as was the case with Angie Zapata several years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 07:39 PM

111 posts, read 196,720 times
Yes....

I'll even show mine if asked....

It's all legit. lol

Old 09-08-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT98 View Post
Yes....

I'll even show mine if asked....

It's all legit. lol
Technology nowadays can even create artificial things like yours now, though.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:43 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,434 times
I've had this discussion with several people at a party before, it gets heated.

My opinion is that yes, it should be discussed before things go anywhere.

Part of it is about respect. I'll respect that youre a transgender even though I can't fully comprehend it, and I expect the transgender to have the same respect towards others, to know that some people don't feel comfortable with a situation like that.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:43 PM

111 posts, read 196,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Technology nowadays can even create artificial things like yours now, though.
Not this one.....it's 100% pure manmeat. LMAO

Old 09-08-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT98 View Post
Not this one.....it's 100% pure manmeat. LMAO
I really hope so, for the sake of some other people.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:50 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,169 times
Not sure why you added SO/spouse to the title. You would hope it doesn't get that far without the person being told. So to answer your question, yes trans-people should notify their dates of their status

Old 09-08-2013, 07:58 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Apparently these days, if you don't sleep with someone by the 3rd date, you get dumped.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,498,663 times
I would think that discussing it would be better than trying to hide it and hope the other party is gonna be accepting of the fact after being mislead. Especially when its deep into the relationship emotions come into play and it would be unfair to do that to someone. You're better off knowing if they are open to starting that kind of relationship or not in the beginning. No point in wasting your time or his if it won't go. I bet there are a lot of guys who probably had sex with transgendered guys without knowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Apparently these days, if you don't sleep with someone by the 3rd date, you get dumped.
No s**t? Back when I was dating most first dates was maybe heavy kissing and by the third date you were lucky if you got to see her boobies and she grabbed Mr Hammer and gave it a few tugs. Forget getting to see or play with Cookie Monster.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
It looks so much different, it would be impossible to not know. Yes they should inform the other person, although its usually obvious even with their clothes on.

Either way, I've never seen a tranny try to hide their status, ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships