Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 04:19 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,768,891 times

Advertisements

I matched with a woman last night and we had a nice conversation. Of course I didnt bring up meeting this weekend since we just matched. And then I was like......"Oh damm next weekend is July 4th weekend so I may have to wait a couple of weeks. Its always that assumption that someone has plans for a holiday weekend. Has anyone ever met someone during a holiday weekend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 04:27 PM

29,775 posts, read 34,508,669 times
You could ask her if she has plans for the weekend, rather than going through mental gymnastics and making assumptions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 06-27-2020, 04:30 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,578,895 times
Although I didn't meet my now partner on a holiday weekend, we had our first face-to-face meeting in the early afternoon on Independence Day.

We had begun chatting a few days before; neither of us saw any good reason to delay meeting up with one another even if we only got together for a brief coffee date.

I agree with my fellow Pittsburgher ()--go ahead and ask if she'd like to find time to meet up rather than making assumptions. The worst that she could say is no, right?

Old 06-27-2020, 04:34 PM

1,261 posts, read 839,140 times
If you count New Year's Eve, then yes I have.

Otherwise, no, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Why not just go out some evening during the week instead?

Old 06-27-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
If you count New Year's Eve, then yes I have.

Otherwise, no, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Why not just go out some evening during the week instead?
I think I may go for that instead. Plus you dont want to make it look like you dont have any plans at all during a summer holiday weekend.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I think I may go for that instead. Plus you dont want to make it look like you dont have any plans at all during a summer holiday weekend.
MM, I don't think that anyone is going to think much of it if you don't have plans for the holiday weekend given current events.

Even if the plague wasn't rolling through, relax and don't worry so much about what a woman would think if you weren't already occupied this weekend. Not everyone is a social butterfly with a full dance card. Besides, if she saw you in a negative light because of your lack of solid plans, is that the sort of petty-minded person with whom you'd want to develop a relationship?

Who knows? *She* might not have plans, but you wouldn't know since you're assuming that she does without asking.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
MM, I don't think that anyone is going to think much of it if you don't have plans for the holiday weekend given current events.

Even if the plague wasn't rolling through, relax and don't worry so much about what a woman would think if you weren't already occupied this weekend. Not everyone is a social butterfly with a full dance card. Besides, if she saw you in a negative light because of your lack of solid plans, is that the sort of petty-minded person with whom you'd want to develop a relationship?

Who knows? *She* might not have plans, but you wouldn't know since you're assuming that she does without asking.
I will mention early friday to her when we chat tomorrow since that is the very beginning of the weekend.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I will mention early friday to her when we chat tomorrow since that is the very beginning of the weekend.
Sounds like a plan. Good luck!

Old 06-27-2020, 06:01 PM

1,261 posts, read 839,140 times
Quote:
I agree to an extent that having a limited social life can be a yellow flag for some people when dating, but I don't agree that playing games to create the appearance of a busier social life is a solution. If she cares about your holiday weekend plans (or lack thereof), it will probably come up in conversation anyway. If not, you might as well ask if she's free. She might say yes

Old 06-27-2020, 10:58 PM

1,350 posts, read 824,206 times
Quote:
Are you saying when you chat tomorrow you are going to ask her about getting together early on Friday?

As for my experience, I don't remember a holiday or holiday weekend ever getting in the way of meeting someone new or getting together with them for the first time.

You've had one conversation. Have some more conversations this week, get to know each other some more before asking to meet already. Holiday weekend or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships