Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 02:22 PM

176 posts, read 978,942 times

Advertisements

Some time last summer my best friend's boyfriend told me he would like for me to meet one of his friends who wanted to meet me. I declined because I told him I was already in a relationship. (I'm 28 and the guy is 30)
Fast forward to this past Saturday and newly single, I was hanging out with my best friend and her boyfriend. My best friend's bf was on the phone and about 5 mins later he just passed the phone to me. It was the same guy that wanted to meet me last year. He asked if I mind him joining us after his daughter's dinner gathering was over. I said ok and then he asked if I take his number and text him and send him a picture of what I looked like. I automatically became creeped out and said I wait to meet you then you can see what I look like. My best friend said she met him before and said I should go for it because he's really a nice and respectful guy. An hour later he called his friend's phone back asking why I didn't send him a text yet so he can have my number. So I finally decided to get the number and texted him so he could have mine. He texted me back immediately and said "about time" with a kissy face and again asked me to send a picture. I declined because I felt he was too pushy and came on too strong and didn't contact him for the rest of the night. His friend called him back later that night asking was he still coming and he told him that he might not come because his daughter's dinner party is still going on.

The next morning I decided to send him a regular picture of me. He told me I was pretty and apologized for his pushy behavior. I told him it was ok. I asked can he send me a picture of him and he told me that he got a new phone and didn't have anything on it. I began to feel weird about him again. He said how about he take me out soon so I could see for myself. I told him that I was cleaning my house and maybe we could get a bite to eat later. He told me that he was waiting for his sister and family to come because they are visiting out of town so he's not sure about tonight. An hour later he called me and asked when was the last time I got my nails done. I again thought he was being odd but answered back and told him 2 weeks ago. He then asked if he can treat me to get my nails done so I can be ready for him when he takes me out this week. Again I felt weird. I told him that I was going to the nail salon anyway after I clean my house but he can meet up with me if he felt like it and he said ok.
A couple hrs later he met up with me at the nail salon while I was getting my nails done and we started to get to know each other. He seems nice so far but I still felt weird because of odd behavior from before. I asked him about his sister and he said that he was waiting to met up with her but he wanted to meet me first. I told him that if he's busy he can go because I don't want to hold him up. He said ok and he said he will definitely get back to me later. As he was leaving he asked the lady who was doing my nails the price of everything and paid her for doing my nails. I just told him thank you and I appreciated it but I felt weird yet again because I don't want anyone to think they they have to buy my love and affection.
Later that night I texted him asking if he was busy. I didn't get a response until 2 hours later saying sorry he was taking a nap and asking me if everything was good. I told him ok and I was about to lay down.

The next morning he sent me a morning text apologizing for getting back to me late. I just told him ok don't worry about it. He asked me how was my morning going and how was I doing. I told him ok and asked about his. I asked him was he at work and he said yeah and asked if I was too.

That was Monday morning and the last I heard from him which was 3 days ago. I don't know what to think of the situation. In a way I still feel weird because him treating me to the nail salon early on felt like he was trying to buy my affection and from his behavior before. And it's like when we were contacting each other that weekend his responses was always delayed so it seems like he's just too busy so I don't know what to think of that either. That's why I don't want to initiate too much contact. But being that it's been 3 days maybe he lost interest? Idk.

What do you guys think? Do you think his behavior is strange or maybe a player? Or maybe I'm overthinking things too much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 02:41 PM

31,079 posts, read 22,094,503 times
The only thing I see as really odd would be him bringing up your nails and wanting to get them done for you. I have never heard of this in my entire life. Maybe he has a nail fetish. Now, I have treated women who I was currently dating to Salon visits and such, but not before meeting them and not at the beginning of a new relationship

Old 04-17-2014, 02:53 PM

176 posts, read 978,942 times
That's what I thought. I have no problem with boyfriends treating me but not when I barely know you. I just feel really weird. I really don't know what to think.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:12 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,993,691 times
Welcome to Dating Game, population Earth.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:14 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
It all seems odd. Those demands for pix, and then he said he couldn't send you one of him, and then more or less demanding you get your nails done for a family get-together (who does that?!), etc. Not my type at all. But...whatever.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:17 PM

31,079 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Dreamer View Post
That's what I thought. I have no problem with boyfriends treating me but not when I barely know you. I just feel really weird. I really don't know what to think.
Shields up MD!
Attached Thumbnails
Does his behavior seem strange?-shields.jpg  

Old 04-17-2014, 03:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
He's a freak. Get rid of him.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:22 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Dreamer View Post
Some time last summer my best friend's boyfriend told me he would like for me to meet one of his friends who wanted to meet me. I declined because I told him I was already in a relationship. (I'm 28 and the guy is 30)
Fast forward to this past Saturday and newly single, I was hanging out with my best friend and her boyfriend. My best friend's bf was on the phone and about 5 mins later he just passed the phone to me. It was the same guy that wanted to meet me last year. He asked if I mind him joining us after his daughter's dinner gathering was over. I said ok and then he asked if I take his number and text him and send him a picture of what I looked like. I automatically became creeped out and said I wait to meet you then you can see what I look like. My best friend said she met him before and said I should go for it because he's really a nice and respectful guy. An hour later he called his friend's phone back asking why I didn't send him a text yet so he can have my number. So I finally decided to get the number and texted him so he could have mine. He texted me back immediately and said "about time" with a kissy face and again asked me to send a picture. I declined because I felt he was too pushy and came on too strong and didn't contact him for the rest of the night. His friend called him back later that night asking was he still coming and he told him that he might not come because his daughter's dinner party is still going on.

The next morning I decided to send him a regular picture of me. He told me I was pretty and apologized for his pushy behavior. I told him it was ok. I asked can he send me a picture of him and he told me that he got a new phone and didn't have anything on it. I began to feel weird about him again. He said how about he take me out soon so I could see for myself. I told him that I was cleaning my house and maybe we could get a bite to eat later. He told me that he was waiting for his sister and family to come because they are visiting out of town so he's not sure about tonight. An hour later he called me and asked when was the last time I got my nails done. I again thought he was being odd but answered back and told him 2 weeks ago. He then asked if he can treat me to get my nails done so I can be ready for him when he takes me out this week. Again I felt weird. I told him that I was going to the nail salon anyway after I clean my house but he can meet up with me if he felt like it and he said ok.
A couple hrs later he met up with me at the nail salon while I was getting my nails done and we started to get to know each other. He seems nice so far but I still felt weird because of odd behavior from before. I asked him about his sister and he said that he was waiting to met up with her but he wanted to meet me first. I told him that if he's busy he can go because I don't want to hold him up. He said ok and he said he will definitely get back to me later. As he was leaving he asked the lady who was doing my nails the price of everything and paid her for doing my nails. I just told him thank you and I appreciated it but I felt weird yet again because I don't want anyone to think they they have to buy my love and affection.
Later that night I texted him asking if he was busy. I didn't get a response until 2 hours later saying sorry he was taking a nap and asking me if everything was good. I told him ok and I was about to lay down.

The next morning he sent me a morning text apologizing for getting back to me late. I just told him ok don't worry about it. He asked me how was my morning going and how was I doing. I told him ok and asked about his. I asked him was he at work and he said yeah and asked if I was too.

That was Monday morning and the last I heard from him which was 3 days ago. I don't know what to think of the situation. In a way I still feel weird because him treating me to the nail salon early on felt like he was trying to buy my affection and from his behavior before. And it's like when we were contacting each other that weekend his responses was always delayed so it seems like he's just too busy so I don't know what to think of that either. That's why I don't want to initiate too much contact. But being that it's been 3 days maybe he lost interest? Idk.

What do you guys think? Do you think his behavior is strange or maybe a player? Or maybe I'm overthinking things too much?
He sounds like an odd boy. It's possible he was being nice paying for the nails and hasn't gotten around to calling you back yet, but what is he going to expect now that he already paid for your nails and why in the world were they so important to him? I heard getting nails done isn't cheap.

It probably would've weirded me out enough to avoid him at the beginning when he was so pushy about getting your picture and then not being able to send you his. What was that about?

Old 04-17-2014, 03:24 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,673,749 times
I kept waiting for the big weirdness reveal but I didn't see it. So he didn't send you a picture but it's a moot point now that you've met him. The horror, he paid for your nails. He was a bit pushy at first asking for a picture but he could just be acting playful, seeing how you share close mutual acquaintances.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:27 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,975 times
LOL my husband ask me a few times if I want to get my nails done. His sister is really into having her nails done professionally weekly she also asked me if I want to come sometime. I declined. Especially when she said she contracted fungus on one of her visits. I mean yuck!

I think in my life I only had my nails done once or twice and that was in my country and only my feet. Oh ya I did pay someone to have my nails done weekly but not on salon she's my neighbor and she does nails for a living. She either goes to my house or I go to hers.

Never liked painting my nails anyway. And I do a pretty good job of trimming my own nails and toe nails.

As to the OP, I think you just overthink way too much. And if you think he is odd then you can always stop talking to him, ya now! I think the guy is annoying though with the pic 'game'. But him paying for your nails is good but it seems he likes high maintenance girls like you. Good luck?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships