Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 08:49 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,860 times

Advertisements

....with a spare 3.2 million dollars and the desire to take on me and this northern paradise.

Bring a saw and a hammer.

I'll bring a sewing machine and a skillet.

And books.

And my cameras.

And a cappuccino maker.

Dress warm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 11:15 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
That's beautiful. I can see a writer living there and having an office in the lighthouse.

Too cold for me though. Too much winter and snow. The cappuchino machine would help but I would need a still too!

Last edited by yellowsnow; 11-16-2007 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-16-2007, 02:03 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Call me paranoid, but every time I've ever romanticized about how wonderful it would be to live in this sort of set-up, shortly thereafter my mind wanders to the scenario.

You know, the one where you're "exploring" on your little island, without a care in the world, whistling a tune as you feel the gentle breezes tickling your cheeks, and then you lose your footing and tumble down an embankment, are rendered incapacitated by the fall, and die a slow and torturous death since no one in God's green earth knows where you are or that you are in need of medvac. Of course, the scenario has to include lack of a mobile phone or other device for communication.

Yeah, I know, far-fetched...nonetheless, if you really did need emergency medical care, how would you go about getting it? Marry a doctor?

Old 11-16-2007, 07:17 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Honey, if he had 3.2 million, I wouldn't care if he even knew what a saw and hammer looked like!

Old 11-16-2007, 07:25 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Call me paranoid, but every time I've ever romanticized about how wonderful it would be to live in this sort of set-up, shortly thereafter my mind wanders to the scenario.

You know, the one where you're "exploring" on your little island, without a care in the world, whistling a tune as you feel the gentle breezes tickling your cheeks, and then you lose your footing and tumble down an embankment, are rendered incapacitated by the fall, and die a slow and torturous death since no one in God's green earth knows where you are or that you are in need of medvac. Of course, the scenario has to include lack of a mobile phone or other device for communication.

Yeah, I know, far-fetched...nonetheless, if you really did need emergency medical care, how would you go about getting it? Marry a doctor?

You think like me! Only in my "fantasy" it's a heart attack that leaves me dying on the beach.....lol

Old 11-16-2007, 07:30 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
BEAVER ISLAND???? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????

What the hell is WRONG with you people???

I'm in a very fragile state right now....

Old 11-16-2007, 08:14 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,179,268 times
MainStreet it's a lovely idea! When he shows up see if he has a brother or cousin or somethin'

DontH8Me and UKOK, you guys really gotta learn to go with the good happy thoughts!!!
The glass is half FULL!!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
at last. so thats why i have not hooked up. failure to get with the program.
wanted, beast of burden with money.
so thats why im at home alone typin on a friday night on CD
it aint me girl no no no it aint me girl, it aint me your lookin for girl
(bob dylan - sing it!!!!)

Old 11-16-2007, 10:32 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

I called my folks tonight to see if they've ever been to Beaver Island...they had this past summer. I asked my dad how long the boat ride was and he said 2-1/2 to 3 hours!!!! So if I did fall....that would be an unknown length boat ride from Squaw Island to Beaver, then Beaver to Charlevoix....I'm estimating half a day....I'll just take a satellite phone! Unless of course, my husband with the hammer had his own helicopter and landing pad...that's the ticket.

I have imagined living on an island on Lake Superior for years....until I found this one on Lake Michigan.

I was in fantasy land all day today. I think I sighed a thousand times.

Oh..and the prior fantasy was just a nice man with a vintage Air Stream that I could sew curtains and cushions for....Air Stream or remote island...I'll take either one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships