Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 07:39 AM

757 posts, read 1,025,371 times

Advertisements

Love and affection aside, I’m not entirely sure what women really want in a marriage except the conventional perception that they want a capable provider for themselves and their kids. Forgive me if I’m wrong. Would you please help me to understand you more regarding the subject? I mean to learn. It will be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 08:17 AM

10 posts, read 9,272 times
I cannot speak for all women but i want to love and be loved. That's all i want because money and a provider cannot make me happy at all and would make me miserable only, i would hate myself then. But fortunately i believe in love and this is what matters.

As for other women... i've heard that some of them want everything from marriage. And everything for them means a provider who provides house, cars, trips, and all material stuff. I feel sorry for these women. They actually have nothing but an empty life.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:19 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
Love and affection aside, I’m not entirely sure what women really want in a marriage except the conventional perception that they want a capable provider for themselves and their kids. Forgive me if I’m wrong. Would you please help me to understand you more regarding the subject? I mean to learn. It will be greatly appreciated.

That's pretty much it. It is simple but hard.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:26 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaThree View Post
I cannot speak for all women but i want to love and be loved. That's all i want because money and a provider cannot make me happy at all and would make me miserable only, i would hate myself then. But fortunately i believe in love and this is what matters.

As for other women... i've heard that some of them want everything from marriage. And everything for them means a provider who provides house, cars, trips, and all material stuff. I feel sorry for these women. They actually have nothing but an empty life.

Love is NOT enough. That's just in fairytales. You need somewhere to live, food to eat and the means to pay for it. A provider isn't someone who earns money for only frivolous spending.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:28 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
I think the answer will be different for everyone, so there will be no universal answer. Aside from love, affection, and tax benefits we can share (little joke there)... I like to support someone. I know it's a bit corny and probably old fashion, but it really does make me happy to play a supporting role in a relationship. I guess it's the way I show love. I want to be the person he comes home to and tells all his worries and angers to/be a confidant and safe haven; I want to be the sounding board that helps him think out ideas and maybe provides insight, I want to be the one who helps "build him up" so to speak. I want to stand by him and help him in rough times and enjoy life with him in good times.

Basically, I want to chance to be a loving, supportive wife. It might not be PC or whatever, but it *is* what makes *me* fulfilled and adds to my happiness.

As far as what I want from a husband aside from the love, affection, and devotion I give him. Just like I care for him, I want to feel cared for as well. To know we aren't two people... we are a team and we have each other's back in life. To know that of all the women in the world, I am the one whose goal is to help him be happy (he strives to make me happy as well).

And while I can still have children, I think the ship has sailed on having more (I'd be an "older mom" and most men my age have kids and don't want more anyway. I do have one child from my previous marriage). But part of what I wanted was a partner to help care for and raise happy, healthy, children. If at this point I were to marry a man with children, I would want to help him and vice versa. Although he would not replace my child's father and I would not replace his childrens' mother... we can still be helpful, positive influences in each others' childrens' lives.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:31 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Reliability.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:32 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,876,903 times
I want a partner for life. If I take those marriage vows- I 100% mean- for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, and till death do us part. I only want to be married once and for life. I need a man who 100% completely feels the same way I do.

So many people call it quits when things get tough and just divorce. To me that's not acceptable. You have to honor your promise that you made to your partner and before God for life.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:47 AM

10 posts, read 9,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

Love is NOT enough. That's just in fairytales. You need somewhere to live, food to eat and the means to pay for it. A provider isn't someone who earns money for only frivolous spending.
Love is more than enough. It's not fairytale. It exists IF you believe in it and meet this special person for you.

And I don't need a man's money to eat and live somewhere. I need my man no matter how much money he earns. He is important, not his money. But this is only my opinion. I want everyone to find happiness in marriage and if they need money for that, i don't mind, that's their call.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
In simplest terms?

Reliable, hard-working, affectionate partner who supports and encourages me and always has my back.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
A treasured partnership
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships