Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 08:56 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,747,895 times

Advertisements

I have a lot of friends on facebook who have only been married less than four years, and a lot that are starting a family, and a lot of these friends are posting all kinds of pictures of them as a couple, each other, pregnant, or with the new baby. Last night I looked my wife in the eye and thanked her for not dragging me to a photographer to get stupid pics done.
So what are some cring worthy things that other couples do that your wife doesn't make you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 AM

350 posts, read 709,436 times
I'm glad my spouse doesn't write city-data forum thread titles with the verb at the end of the sentence.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:06 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,506,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
I have a lot of friends on facebook who have only been married less than four years, and a lot that are starting a family, and a lot of these friends are posting all kinds of pictures of them as a couple, each other, pregnant, or with the new baby. Last night I looked my wife in the eye and thanked her for not dragging me to a photographer to get stupid pics done.
Must not respond, must not respond.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 AM

350 posts, read 709,436 times
I'm glad my wife doesn't make me wear flip flops, baggy surfer shorts, and surfer shirts like the middle aged pot bellied pasty white legged guys in the neighborhood wear. Doesn't make me wear that complying "uniform" that highlights their disgusting yellow filthy toenails and edema rings from their recently removed socks.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:13 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,118,838 times
Quote:
So what are some cring worthy things that other couples do that your wife doesn't make you do?
How do you know your wife doesn't secretly want to do those things, but shies away from doing so because of her sanctimonious and judgmental husband?

Old 09-18-2013, 09:15 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,747,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
How do you know your wife doesn't secretly want to do those things, but shies away from doing so because of her sanctimonious and judgmental husband?
because she hates getting her picture taken just as much as I do.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:16 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,506,712 times
Seriously, every year around Christmas, Valentine's Day and Mother's Day, my wife and I shake our heads at all of the jewelry ads on TV, radio, the internet, magazines, billboards... She has said many times that if I were to ever buy her expensive jewelry, she would take it back and we would go on a trip somewhere with the money. One year, I bought her a workman's belt for Mother's Day. She could put her drill in there, some other tools, etc. Her sister looked at me like I was crazy. My wife looked at me like I was awesome!

Old 09-18-2013, 09:24 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,626,410 times
I'm glad my wife doesn't mind me going out with my buddies on the weekend.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
because she hates getting her picture taken just as much as I do.
99% of all women say that. 1% mean it. And if you think your wife isn't going to want photos when the baby comes along, then I'd say that's mighty potent crack you're smoking there.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Seriously, every year around Christmas, Valentine's Day and Mother's Day, my wife and I shake our heads at all of the jewelry ads on TV, radio, the internet, magazines, billboards... She has said many times that if I were to ever buy her expensive jewelry, she would take it back and we would go on a trip somewhere with the money. One year, I bought her a workman's belt for Mother's Day. She could put her drill in there, some other tools, etc. Her sister looked at me like I was crazy. My wife looked at me like I was awesome!
You guys keep falling into the trap of believing every syllable that spills from the mouths of your wives. Here's a test. Next special occasion, after she shakes her head at all those jewelry ads, go out and buy her a nice tennis bracelet or something. And then see if she really does take it back. Bet she doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships