Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 06:38 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times

Advertisements

I am 61 and have been widowed for almost 6 years. I dated for awhile but I realized that I am happy without a man in my life. Now my mother has a new neighbor who is 68 and either single or widowed and she has been trying to convince me to meet him. She invited him and some of her friends for pizza and cards tomorrow night and wants me to "drop in" so I can check him out.

There's a small (very small) part of me that would like to have a man take me to dinner and a movie, have me make him dinner and have a casual dating relationship. But I'm pretty sure that I never want to remarry.

Have any of you found love in your golden years? Have you found relationships satisfying in your 60's or 70's? Have you been hesitant about dating again and then found someone great?

I just think about all the complications that come with dating at my age. Is it worth it? Share your stories so I can decide if I want to go tomorrow night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 06:47 AM

733 posts, read 603,401 times
At your age, marriage is probably not a major concern any more, both of you just need companion.

It doesn't hurt to see him.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:50 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I am 61 and have been widowed for almost 6 years. I dated for awhile but I realized that I am happy without a man in my life. Now my mother has a new neighbor who is 68 and either single or widowed and she has been trying to convince me to meet him. She invited him and some of her friends for pizza and cards tomorrow night and wants me to "drop in" so I can check him out.

There's a small (very small) part of me that would like to have a man take me to dinner and a movie, have me make him dinner and have a casual dating relationship. But I'm pretty sure that I never want to remarry.

Have any of you found love in your golden years? Have you found relationships satisfying in your 60's or 70's? Have you been hesitant about dating again and then found someone great?

I just think about all the complications that come with dating at my age. Is it worth it? Share your stories so I can decide if I want to go tomorrow night.
Yes I'm only 31 but I think it's a terrific idea to pop in and say hello

Does he actually know that you would be coming over to give him the once over?

IMO dating at your age im guessing dating would be a more straight forward than it is for some, I'd muster a guess that at 68 he won't be out drinking, clubbing, getting into fights, chasing all the young birds every night and have you wondering where he is lmao

No but seriously and jokes aside though I'd go for it my love..... What have you got to lose? And think of what you could gain

Old 07-19-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes I'm only 31 but I think it's a terrific idea to pop in and say hello

Does he actually know that you would be coming over to give him the once over?

No but seriously and jokes aside though I'd go for it my love..... What have you got to lose? And think of what you could gain

No he doesn't - that's why it is just a casual pizza and cards thing with some of her other friends.

I tell myself the same thing "what have I got to lose" but then I get scared of being in another relationship. I guess I should take a lesson from those that say "DO IT AFRAID".

Thanks!

Old 07-19-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
No he doesn't - that's why it is just a casual pizza and cards thing with some of her other friends.

I tell myself the same thing "what have I got to lose" but then I get scared of being in another relationship. I guess I should take a lesson from those that say "DO IT AFRAID".

Thanks!
Oh then in that case you HAVE got nothing to lose

Do you mind me asking why you are scared? ...... It might just be butterflies as its been a while? ...... Which is fine we all get them

Old 07-19-2016, 07:03 AM

880 posts, read 1,252,334 times
Go for it, and good for ALL of you.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:08 AM

733 posts, read 603,401 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Being in another relationship at your age is actually much simpler, you won't raise kids together, you won't worry about the conflict between education/career and relationship, actually you are sort of free of complications like younger people do.

I know you don't want to remarry, but do you think he really wants to remarry? Probably he doesn't care. There is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:09 AM

I'm scared because it's been awhile since I dated - a few disasters on Christian Mingle and I'm fairly content with my life right now. Why throw a monkey wrench into it?

Of course we might not like each other or we could find we have a lot in common. I just hope he has a sense of humor. My mother is very shallow about looks so he must be "okay" for her to suggest me meeting him. I will most likely go because what if I don't and I miss someone great?

Now I want to hear some success stories people!

Old 07-19-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I'm scared because it's been awhile since I dated - a few disasters on Christian Mingle and I'm fairly content with my life right now. Why throw a monkey wrench into it?

Of course we might not like each other or we could find we have a lot in common. I just hope he has a sense of humor. My mother is very shallow about looks so he must be "okay" for her to suggest me meeting him. I will most likely go because what if I don't and I miss someone great?

Now I want to hear some success stories people!
Yeah it's just butterflies I'm sure

Look forward to the update

Old 07-19-2016, 07:18 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Do it! It's summertime ~ Prime time to socialize and have a good time! At least go get it over with and find out if he's attractive lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships