Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 04:16 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times

Advertisements

spent close to a month chatting to a girl on a dating website before finally meeting her for a date last weekend , we had coffee , then extended our date to a bar until finally having a walk along the pier , she held my hand and when I said I hoped it wouldn't be our last date , she said she didn't think it would

thing is , she ruled out a date this weekend due to family stuff , she only communicates via text between dates and so I asked her via text if she wanted to see me again , she said she would like to meet again but wasn't sure what she wants going forward

heres the thing , I told her via text " I like her " and that I would like to get to know her better , I think I probabley came across like a total wuss and even I didn't , it was probably far too soon to say such a thing , I guess I thought it might help in securing another date

she also ruled out a date next weekend as she has a 5 mile run and cannot go out Friday night , shes into sport in a big way , im thinking I should just end it now , I made the mistake of spooking this girl by declaring that I like her so she probably thinks im too keen and that's nearly always the wrong way to get a woman to like you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 04:19 PM

457 posts, read 604,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
spent close to a month chatting to a girl on a dating website before finally meeting her for a date last weekend , we had coffee , then extended our date to a bar until finally having a walk along the pier , she held my hand and when I said I hoped it wouldn't be our last date , she said she didn't think it would

thing is , she ruled out a date this weekend due to family stuff , she only communicates via text between dates and so I asked her via text if she wanted to see me again , she said she would like to meet again but wasn't sure what she wants going forward

heres the thing , I told her via text " I like her " and that I would like to get to know her better , I think I probabley came across like a total wuss and even I didn't , it was probably far too soon to say such a thing , I guess I thought it might help in securing another date

she also ruled out a date next weekend as she has a 5 mile run and cannot go out Friday night , shes into sport in a big way , im thinking I should just end it now , I made the mistake of spooking this girl my declaring that I like her so she probably thinks im too keen and that's nearly always the wrong way to get a woman to like you
If she thought it was too soon to say you liked her, she's probably not the right fit for you or most other people anyway. A month after talking to someone and going on a date or two, you should at least be able to express an interest to get to know her better. If you said you thought you were in love with her, then that is different, but like is a milder adjective that should not freak a woman out.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
If she thought it was too soon to say you liked her, she's probably not the right fit for you or most other people anyway. A month after talking to someone and going on a date or two, you should at least be able to express an interest to get to know her better. If you said you thought you were in love with her, then that is different, but like is a milder adjective that should not freak a woman out.
This.

If she's into you, telling her you like her will make her happy, not push her away.

The guy I'm seeing told me he liked me at the end of our first date. A few weeks later he mentioned to a friend we were out to lunch with that I 'had him' by the middle of that date. I was extremely flattered and not scared off at all. If I didn't like him, I probably would have felt weird about it.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:27 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,538,403 times
I think it's too soon to break it off. You're allowed to like someone after one meeting. If you had said love, then you likely scared her off. At this point, everything is new and it could take some time for her to work you into her schedule. You have to work around her prior commitments. Give her time to make time for you.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
im not in love with her at all , I just like her , she has a very interesting and different job , shes not a stunner but has a beautifull face which is all I care about when it comes to women

she mentioned how she only got back into dating during our date and stopped short of mentioning what I presume was previous perhaps troubled relationship , this might explain her line " I don't know what I want going forward "

her dad is ill in hospital and she lives an hour from where we met last week and 90 mins from where I live but im thinking a girl who was into me , wouldn't put back another date for two full weeks if she was all that interested

Old 10-04-2013, 04:34 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:

she also ruled out a date next weekend as she has a 5 mile run and cannot go out Friday night , shes into sport in a big way , im thinking I should just end it now , I made the mistake of spooking this girl by declaring that I like her so she probably thinks im too keen and that's nearly always the wrong way to get a woman to like you
The key is to play it cool. Your first mistake was saying that you hoped it wouldnt be your last date. At that point, you needed to act confident and just know for sure you would see her again instead of kind of acting like you werent sure if she liked you or not.

Instead of saying "i like you" you needed to just say "i had fun, lets get together again soon"

Old 10-04-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This.

If she's into you, telling her you like her will make her happy, not push her away.

The guy I'm seeing told me he liked me at the end of our first date. A few weeks later he mentioned to a friend we were out to lunch with that I 'had him' by the middle of that date. I was extremely flattered and not scared off at all. If I didn't like him, I probably would have felt weird about it.

one of those player type websites I read said you should never get mushy with women , play it cool - alpha , im fine with being alpha when it comes to work and most aspects of my life but I cant do that with women without looking like a jack ass , I don't play the door mat but i definatley compliment them and pull out their chair etc , I told this girl last weekend while we were in the bar that " it was an an agreeable way to spend a Saturday , nice bar and the company of a beautifull lady , she told me I was embarrassing her , probabley came across like a chump

Old 10-04-2013, 04:40 PM

208 posts, read 372,264 times
Five minutes.....

I'm all over them.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:41 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:
one of those player type websites I read said you should never get mushy with women , play it cool - alpha , im fine with being alpha when it comes to work and most aspects of my life but I cant do that with women without looking like a jack ass , I don't play the door mat but i definatley compliment them and pull out their chair etc , I told this girl last weekend while we were in the bar that " it was an an agreeable way to spend a Saturday , nice bar and the company of a beautifull lady , she told me I was embarrassing her , probabley came across like a chump
The key is to ACT (whether its an act or not) that you are a man who has options and you're a man who's busy. Women like to know that a man can get other women and that that man is CHOOSING them as opposed to a man who's acting as if "this better work out because i dont know when my next date might be"

Old 10-04-2013, 04:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Then that woman obviously wasn't for you.

I HATE the macho/player/alpha type guy...and I like a guy who can actually come right out and tell me how he feels.

Like I said, the guy I'm seeing came right out and told me he liked me during our first date...considering it was an online date, it was also the first time we'd ever met. I LIKED that he was comfortable with himself and his emotions that he just came right out and said how he felt. I assume that if a guy is ambiguous or tries to play it cool that he's not interested in me. Oh, and he texted me within an hour of our date ending to make sure I got home alright and texted me the next afternoon just to say hello and see how my day went. I didn't think it was too forward at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships