Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 04:43 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
The key is to play it cool. Your first mistake was saying that you hoped it wouldnt be your last date. At that point, you needed to act confident and just know for sure you would see her again instead of kind of acting like you werent sure if she liked you or not.

Instead of saying "i like you" you needed to just say "i had fun, lets get together again soon"

acting authorative around women has never worked for me , at best I direct the pace of things via humour , women can see through false bravado

was messed up by a woman when I was twenty and it really screwed me up , wasn't a romance btw , she was my boss while I worked overseas , ugly as sin but a complete sociopath , before that I was alpha in every sense yet my relationships were completely shallow so im inexperienced when it comes to proper mature adult relationships
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 05:21 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
..she said she would like to meet again but wasn't sure what she wants going forward

This was a nice way of saying she thinks you're cool but doesn't want to date you.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:24 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
acting authorative around women has never worked for me...women can see through false bravado

Acting authorative and using false bravado are in no way related to being confident.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
This was a nice way of saying she thinks you're cool but doesn't want to date you.

worse than that , she said " your a nice person so I don't want to upset you "

in truth , she wants nothing to do with me

Old 10-04-2013, 06:02 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Its never too early. In 99% of the cases its far too late. ANything past 5 minutes, and you are wasting your life. You better believe.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:10 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
I think it's nice to hear as long as it's casual. I've heard it on a lot of first dates. It's just a statement, not a profession of love.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:17 AM

our next potential date is now two weeks away so im wondering if I should bother texting her at all in the coming ten days or so , no point in acting like a love sick puppy , I might just text her a good luck message the day before her 5 mile run ( shes training for a triathalon next spring ) in seven days time however

take it from there

Old 10-05-2013, 08:23 AM

457 posts, read 605,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then that woman obviously wasn't for you.

I HATE the macho/player/alpha type guy...and I like a guy who can actually come right out and tell me how he feels.

Like I said, the guy I'm seeing came right out and told me he liked me during our first date...considering it was an online date, it was also the first time we'd ever met. I LIKED that he was comfortable with himself and his emotions that he just came out and said how he felt. I assume that if a guy is ambiguous or tries to play it cool that he's not interested in me. Oh, and he texted me within an hour of our date ending to make sure I got home alright and texted me the next afternoon just to say hello and see how my day went. I didn't think it was too forward at all.
I guess this is why men have so much trouble dating. Women's preferences for openness and honesty initially seem to be all over the map, some preferring disclosure of feelings and others preferring for men to feel out and not come on too strong.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:31 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
irish bob..I think it's nice that you told her what you did. I think she would be flattered...you aught not to worry about it at all...I think texting her before her 5 mile run is something she'd feel very good about....don't hesitate

Old 10-05-2013, 02:45 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
If she thought it was too soon to say you liked her, she's probably not the right fit for you or most other people anyway. A month after talking to someone and going on a date or two, you should at least be able to express an interest to get to know her better. If you said you thought you were in love with her, then that is different, but like is a milder adjective that should not freak a woman out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This.

If she's into you, telling her you like her will make her happy, not push her away.

The guy I'm seeing told me he liked me at the end of our first date. A few weeks later he mentioned to a friend we were out to lunch with that I 'had him' by the middle of that date. I was extremely flattered and not scared off at all. If I didn't like him, I probably would have felt weird about it.
Aye.

Sounds like she might be one of those women who loves the attention in the moment but can't be bothered to put forth any effort in the meantime, especially if she can't be arsed to talk to you in real time between dates.

This is assuming you did call her, OP. If you didn't call her, yourself, then I can see why she's not putting any effort in, because texting is not the way to be genuine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships