Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 04:57 PM

386 posts, read 667,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_311 View Post
Just hard to take your initial question seriously. Hope you gain the confidence to do something in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 04:59 PM

115 posts, read 151,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myspoonistoobig View Post
Hope you gain the confidence to do something in life.
It's a slow process. I'm trying to get into shape first and lose some weight. But I'm already 41 and there's not too many single women left out there.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:03 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,123,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Yes, checked half sleeve shirt, coloured chinos and suede shoes. No woman can resist that. Don't be a wuss. Just go.
I agree, Crack a beer and hit the show. It's a social event, And you already have an icebreaker all around you. What's the alternative anyway? Staying home wanting to go as it is? Go enjoy!

Old 10-06-2013, 05:05 PM

386 posts, read 667,808 times
Quote:
It's a slow process. I'm trying to get into shape first and lose some weight. But I'm already 41 and there's not too many single women left out there.
Do martial arts. That's how I lost my weight.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I agree, Crack a beer and hit the show. It's a social event, And you already have an icebreaker all around you. What's the alternative anyway? Staying home wanting to go as it is? Go enjoy!
The show was last night. It didn't work out for me. But I do plan on going out to do something maybe this week.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myspoonistoobig View Post
Do martial arts. That's how I lost my weight.
Trust me, this wouldn't be a good idea for me. I have zero coordination. Also I have back problems. So I'll just stick to the eliptcial machine.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:38 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Get used to doing stuff by yourself, attending events alone. Focus on the music you like, walk around, chat people up casually, as the opportunity arises. Don't focus on yourself, but on the event, the band, etc. If I stayed home every time there was an event I wanted to attend, or a restaurant I wanted to go to, just because I didn't want to go alone, I'd never go anywhere. Life is to be enjoyed. Seize the opportunity, enjoy the moment.
agree 100%

Old 10-06-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
agree 100%
Easier said than done. I have a feeling most of you have never been in my shoes.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:11 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,809,216 times
I have been in your shoes. I just decided to get off the couch and step out the door and do something about it, rather than throw a pity party.
I was very much like you for 17 years after my 1st wife cheated on me and I tossed her and her crap out the door and had 2 young boys to raise on my own.
I hadn't even been out of my state in 20 years! Let alone go dating. And then one day I had a message on city-data. Turns out, I manned up, bought a plane ticket, traveled 7000 miles around the globe and met my wife to be. I would have never dreamed it possible. I was so wrong. Had I not taken that first step...I'd still be on the couch pouting.

You only live once man. Enjoy it. Whether alone or with a partner...enjoy it. What have you got to lose?

Old 10-06-2013, 06:23 PM

242 posts, read 391,444 times
Quote:
There's not exactly a lot of options out there for me. My mom just stopped by apartment with some chinese food. So I guess I'll just watch a movie and stay in.
Two things:

1) around your age, many first marriages are ending so women (and men) are on the market again,

2) it's no wonder you're a single, overweight Virgin if your mom is still bringing you dinner and you have a defeatist attitude where you'll stay in and be lazy on the couch. Grow some balls and tell your mother that you are going out and while her dinner thought is appreciated, she's better off coming on a different evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships