Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:10 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
sent me on a wild goose chase for three fcking months
Let's be clear here, you sent yourself on the wild goose chase.

Quote:
the wild goose chase took place for about ~ 3 months after that when I was her 'friend' trying to get her back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 11:16 AM

231 posts, read 294,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I'm still a little confused about the timeline here. So, she decided she was not interested and 3 months later you are still trying to change her mind? Why on earth? People don't generally change their mind about what they are attracted to.

I think a mistake young men often make (at least on the internet) is thinking that for women attraction is an intellectual process. I can't imagine why they think that, but they seem to believe that women can be persuaded to be attracted to them. It's bizarre because I sure don't think it is intellectual for men! So why do some men think that women are different?
she told me I was attractive, she told me that she liked me ( i didn't mention that earlier)
....I could of let go much easier if she would of gave me a strait answer.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:40 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
You just need to move on. Please don't turn into a stalker.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:49 AM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Just walk on unless you just like the abuse!

Old 10-07-2013, 12:13 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
she told me I was attractive, she told me that she liked me ( i didn't mention that earlier)
....I could of let go much easier if she would of gave me a strait answer.
Have you never been attracted to a girl at first and then, after you talked to her and got to know her a bit, decided you were not attracted after all? It's normal. It's the reason people date, rather than get married within 5 minutes of meeting each other. Dating is so that you can see if the initial attraction bears out.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:27 PM

231 posts, read 294,470 times
Quote:
Have you never been attracted to a girl at first and then, after you talked to her and got to know her a bit, decided you were not attracted after all?
yeah, but I wouldn't go on three dates with her and let her kiss me.

& I've also heard several times that women know within the first 30 seconds whether they want to sleep with a man...this is the same for men, but still, the point remains.

Last edited by andrewC7; 10-07-2013 at 01:37 PM..

Old 10-07-2013, 01:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:

& I've also heard several times that women know within the first 30 seconds whether they want to sleep with a man...this is the same for men, but still, the point remains.
Why not? With the last guy I dated, we went out every weekend for 2 months and out of nowhere he just decided he didn't like me anymore and broke it off.

This stuff happens.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:32 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
You missed the boat. You didn't put out soon enough, sexually and emotionally, and she moved on. I am sorry.

"You act like you're not interested"

This means, 'I am frustrated by the lack of sex in this relationship.'

"I move away from people when I feel like I can't open up to them"

This means, 'I feel like if I open up to you, you wont respond in a supportive way.' She may have the impression that you don't have the skills for that part of a relationship.
Where in the hell did you get that from?

Old 10-07-2013, 05:36 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:

The only people who think that are men who don't know anything about women .

Most women take much longer than men to become attracted. Usually a couple of dates. Some take months. Some have to kiss a man before they know. Three dates and a kiss is perfectly normal.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
The only people who think that are men who don't know anything about women .

Most women take much longer than men to become attracted. Usually a couple of dates. Some take months. Some have to kiss a man before they know. Three dates and a kiss is perfectly normal.
I read a 'study' of sorts (probably a poll or infographic, but I digress) that said the average man falls 'in love' within the first 3 dates, while the woman takes 14+. I thought that was really interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships