Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 03:48 PM

537 posts, read 1,242,684 times

Advertisements

I think she is gracefully letting you down, and you are the one being "socially immature." You have already showed how sensitive you are to her words (even without it being intentional). Do you think she's going to be straightforward with you and break it down?

It's a very valid reason to move away from people you can't connect with. She might just be looking for something better but let her. You'll both be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 03:52 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,097,725 times
yeah we all have dates like that, date seems to go well, have a lot in common, have fun together, maybe even hookup and then all the sudden goes cold.

in general ill maybe make one more effort and if no results give up. either she's crazy and doesn't know what she wants or not interested. no sense in tring to figure out why

Old 10-08-2013, 04:57 PM

231 posts, read 294,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkwithwords View Post
I think she is gracefully letting you down, and you are the one being "socially immature." You have already showed how sensitive you are to her words (even without it being intentional). Do you think she's going to be straightforward with you and break it down?
She could of easily told me that she was not interested...I only became sensitive and needy AFTER she told me that 'I act like I'm not interested' and that she felt like she 'couldn't open up to me.'

Old 10-08-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
in general ill maybe make one more effort and if no results give up. either she's crazy and doesn't know what she wants or not interested. no sense in tring to figure out why
yeah, part of my problem is that I'm bored..hey at least I can admit it haha

Old 10-09-2013, 10:49 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,097,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
yeah, part of my problem is that I'm bored..hey at least I can admit it haha
you dont have to try to be a "player" but if your on dating sites have a couple pokers in the fire. I have the samee problem if I'm only talking to one girl casually and kinda bored i get too invested in things and maybe even come off a little over anxious. i think alot of times if i had sat back a bit more early on things may have worked out beter. dont try to win her over or focus on it too much you'll just drive yourself crazy.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:53 AM

11,794 posts, read 12,027,255 times
Quote:
She could of easily told me that she was not interested...I only became sensitive and needy AFTER she told me that 'I act like I'm not interested' and that she felt like she 'couldn't open up to me.'
You need to learn, and quickly, that you don't get to decide how others should behave or handle things, and that the world doesn't operate according to your standards. The sooner you learn that, the better off you'll be. You can only control yourself.

Seems she was honest with you about the way she felt based on your (lack of) words and actions, and you chose to get "sensitive and needy" in response to her telling you that you weren't meeting her needs. Again, something else to learn is not to try and change who you are after the fact, to please someone. Accept that it didn't work out and keep moving forward.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
you dont have to try to be a "player" but if your on dating sites have a couple pokers in the fire. I have the samee problem if I'm only talking to one girl casually and kinda bored i get too invested in things and maybe even come off a little over anxious. i think alot of times if i had sat back a bit more early on things may have worked out beter. dont try to win her over or focus on it too much you'll just drive yourself crazy.
yeah that could definitely help...my big problem right now is that I'm back in the house & job searching. I'm pretty insecure about living with my parents but I need to suck it up & get over it. I'm sure there's plenty of women in their early 20's in the same situation.

I think i'm going to casually check out some dating sites. My expectations are quite low, but I guess it can't hurt. In the very least bit it may get my mind off her for a while.

Thanks for being cool about it! I feel like most posters on here would rip me apart for that confession haha

Old 10-09-2013, 04:30 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,097 times
Quote:
We had been on a few very good dates, she let me kiss her, and I really thought that she was into me. Then all of the sudden she went cold. One weekend I was trying to get her to come over for drinks and she responded with “you always want to hang out but you act like you’re not interested.” I told her I was interested but that she seemed to be moving away. She told me she "moves away from people when she feels she can’t open up to them." I went to talk to her in person and told her how much liked her and that I was moving slow because I was shy. The next day she sent me a text and told me that she thought I was attractive but that she only wanted to be friends. A couple weeks after this I tried to open up to her & told her some of my insecurities but I think that might of made it worse…probably made me sound a little oversensitive.

The way I interpreted her messages;

"I move away from people when I feel like I can't open up to them"- I want to open up to you. Or I want you to open up to me.

"You act like you're not interested" - Tell me i'm pretty. Tell me you like me.

Is she socially immature? I just don't understand how a 21 year old women could text these words to someone they have no intentions of pursuing. I've been very persistent with her but nothing has worked.
She's not into you, but she doesn't want to say so openly because she doesn't want to have to deal with your hurt feelings.

Lord, what is wrong with people? Why do normally decent, reasonable people act like craven cowards when it comes to stuff like this?

Old 10-09-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
She's not into you, but she doesn't want to say so openly because she doesn't want to have to deal with your hurt feelings.

Lord, what is wrong with people? Why do normally decent, reasonable people act like craven cowards when it comes to stuff like this?
Some people don't have many options. When we can't get someone we actually like it can be pretty hard especially when we think we're at fault....I'm 23 & I've had a lot of girls show interest in me, but she's the first girl I took seriously.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
you dont have to try to be a "player" but if your on dating sites have a couple pokers in the fire.
Just made a "Plenty of Fish" account. I have only found one women I find attractive..I don't know if it's a Dayton thing but most of these girls look bat**** crazy and/or aren't very pretty..I guess I'll keep trying, but it's not looking good. I think I might give OK Cupid a try. Any suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships