Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 06:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
So finally, after one final break up with this total basketcase, I sat down and made a list of all the women I had ever dated seriously and figured out what they all had in common. Then I decided to date the total opposite.
Hee, this is where I am right now .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 06:34 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
...and it tells us something about them, if their venting takes the form of saying mean things, or making broad disparaging declarations about whole categories of humans.

To me, it says they are undatable, same as if the remarks were racist or similar.

Sublimated homosexuality, FTW .

As a goodlooking woman, I figure guys who value my looks that much don't really want a female partner.
How do you figure that?

Old 10-07-2013, 07:22 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
How do you figure that?
Read the posts above that one, and it will all make sense.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:25 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
...but can we learn, over time, to stop giving too much weight to the wrong things?

I am talking primarily about physical beauty here. While I appreciate physical beauty as much as the next man, I no longer give beauty as much weight as I once did. Life has taught me beauty isn't worth as much as many men believe it is. To be blunt, the most beautiful women are not necessarily the most sexually interesting. Nor can beauty compensate for a really nasty personality.

I mention this because I know a number of men--good friends of mine--who have tolerated what should be intolerable behavior from women simply because they were so "hot." I am talking about everything from verbal abuse to thievery. These are not dumb guys, either. They are quite functional in most respects. Yet, what they will put up with to hold on to a "hot" women is just embarrassing. What is worse, these same guys routinely ignore all the warm, sweet, smart, interesting, compatible women they know because they don't consider them "hot" enough.

Am I the only person who is bewildered by this?
No, you have just become an evolved man...congratulations!
There is so much more to each human than looks, and when we allow ourselves to get to know people we often find that we become attracted to them later after we have experienced more of who they are -- looks are fleeting, and as we mature, hopefully most of us begin to understand what's truly important in a partner.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Prettiness can be vain

Charm may be false.

It's the secret person of the heart that is precious.

Wish I had thought of those words -- how truly profound!

Old 10-07-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep... I've had guys put up with some pretty incredible stuff if a woman is hot. I'm talking setting their house on fire, stealing their car, stealing money, threatening female coworkers etc etc. Really bad stuff. But, apparently the 'crazy' is worth it according to them.

I don't have a physical ideal in my head...but I think the guy I'm dating is supremely handsome. My sister thinks he's goofy looking, but she's not the one dating him so
LOL - remember that line from "The Truth about Cats and Dogs" when Janeane Garofalo complains that men can hear a beautiful woman burp the alphabet and declare that they want her to have their children. . .

Old 10-07-2013, 07:33 PM

And I'm so glad you are dating a nice guy Jet Jockey! You deserve some happiness! Doesn't hurt that he's cute too!

Old 10-07-2013, 07:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I can't help who I am attracted to. I'm just a mammal.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:46 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
ruth ruth.... baaby ruth!:d
"hey you guys!!!":d

Old 10-07-2013, 07:47 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Wish I had thought of those words -- how truly profound!
It's Biblical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships