Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 01:21 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I got bored in the sea of stats ... but I pretty much double my example income, just shy of 6 figures...., not that that matters.... and I don't worry about women (if I were single) golddiggers...... cause lets be honest, 95k or so isn't really that much to worry about.......
So you say.

And $95,000 is a lot of money for a single earner. Especially for someone in their 30's or 40's. It can take some public high school teachers into her 60's to earning between $60,000 and $80,000 I believe. Here in Milwaukee I think. I don't know the figures for certain but I think off the top of my head from memory its more or less around there.

Quote:
Besides, if you can't navigate the dating waters and don't have enough sense in your head to see a person who is trying to rip you off, then I'd say Darwin's theories are coming to fruition for you my friend..
First of all, what men exactly are you talking about on this board. I keep hearing reference to shadow figures. Like when someone keeps saying, "they," so exactly who is "they"?

What men have been complaining women have only been after them for their money? I haven't read every thread, so, maybe some have. But in the few threads I have read I didn't cross over any.

Are you making all this up in your head?

Darwin? I don't think you have a clue what Darwin or evolution taught or teaches. And if you found out you would not like it. For example, intra-species competition, that includes between females, is simply part of nature and helps partly explain why certain genes predominate in a population. So, all this coddling girls and women as all of them being "beautiful" is just ridiculous in a Darwinian perception. Secondly, a male that is rejected by say... women in the population of Chicago, and therefore seeks out mating potential as a niche for himself in a totally different population as say... Mexico City, is acting perfectly logical in the Darwinian perception. The Darwinian perception is one of procreate, pass on your genes, live long enough to do it, and it does not matter what nationality she calls herself. Dead beat dads are also perfectly fine in Darwinians in so far as they are considered "fit."

Quote:
Drop the attitude btw... it makes you look defensive...........
Defensive about what? I earn about $12,000 a year on a non-service connected VA pension. I give a rip what you or anyone thinks about it. And I don't take order from you. And my "attitude" is staying with me.

Or what... you are going to come up with some fictional narrative of me being bitter over chasing after women that are dentists, corporate lawyers, environmental engineers, judges, state senators... and them "dissing" me because I'm a "loser"?

Whatever fictitious story floats your boat. About 98% of the women in the past I courted were women on welfare. Some might call them welfare queens. I don't think I ever courted one professional woman in my life.

So, I'll say it again, women on welfare want rich men. Period. Story over with. And no, I don't owe them or you anything. You don't like it? Call your U.S. Senator, because I sure as h_ll don't give a f__.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 01:41 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,060,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
When I married my now Ex, I made twice as much as he did and had a sizable nest egg in the bank. I made more than him for the first 8 years but we moved around to advance his career (which hurt mine). In the last couple of years, he finally caught up to me and in the last year of our marriage finally started earning more than I did.

Despite that, during the divorce he started calling me a gold digger. I was furious. I certainly didn't marry him for money and we decided as a couple that I would put my career on the back-burner in favor of his
Golddigger has become a gender specific catch-all insult. Sometimes, people call women golddiggers at the drop of a hat just because they're women and that's a preconceived element of the female archetype (like being jealous of other women), not necessarily because they actually display any gold digging behaviors or attitudes.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:26 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
...expressing frustration at women obsessed with money, or are they really expressing envy of men who are more successful than they are?

I ask because a lot of complaints about "gold-digging" are tinged with a subtle suggestion that wealthy men are getting access to women they don't really deserve...
Hard to say. I've met some bitter men that have had some poor choices in women come back to bite them in the @ss, and, rather than try to learn something from that experience, they extrapolate the characteristics of the one who screwed them over to "all women". There's also a small but strident group of guys who self-identify as MRAs that go on and on about how American women are these evil, demanding creatures that want nothing more than to suck your spirit and your wallet dry. I suspect a lot of this anger is motivated not by any real injustice (and I am not denying that there is real injustice out there), but by an overdeveloped sense of entitlement to sexual access to tons of hot women, which isn't forthcoming. So, naturally, these women are denying them the sex that they so rightfully deserve because they are golddiggers.

I really think that if a guy doesn't want to attract women that expect to live a certain lifestyle on his dime, then don't go about acquiring a certain financial status for the sole purpose of attracting a woman's attention. Do it because you want to achieve certain goals for yourself, because you want to have a nice retirement, but do it for you. Just as a woman has no right to complain if she acts provocatively and attracts guys that just want her for sex, a guy has no right to complain about golddiggers if he leads with his wallet. True quality women aren't trying to ride a man's coattails anyway.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:10 AM

529 posts, read 702,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Most of these dumbasses here on CD that complain of golddiggers don't have shyt in terms of money.

Yeah... she's really after your 45k a year and that almost paid off used Honda you bought right out of college......
Gold-digging can be relative. A kid just out of college could call a woman a gold-digger in that situation if she was currently unemployed, for example, and not be wrong. At any rate, this seems to be the most common fake rebuttal I've seen so far because it keeps coming up. "People who call people 'gold-diggers' are mostly broke." Again, that's just an extension of the argument that "no women are gold-diggers," which is laughable.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
When I married my now Ex, I made twice as much as he did and had a sizable nest egg in the bank. I made more than him for the first 8 years but we moved around to advance his career (which hurt mine). In the last couple of years, he finally caught up to me and in the last year of our marriage finally started earning more than I did.

Despite that, during the divorce he started calling me a gold digger.
Yeah, but we can all agree that he was just throwing around the term. You can't be a gold-digger if you have more money than the guy. But nobody can stop someone from using the term as an insult, nor does it make it invalid just because some guys DO use it as a random insult. It's not like "well, someone once falsely called me a gold-digger, so clearly there are no gold-diggers," right?

Old 10-08-2013, 06:18 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
ahh not really, most guys just want to get laid, lol

I can see if a man was looking for a long-term partner, but as far as dating, 'I believe' its not of immediate importance.

I'm not talking about a ONS I'm talking about when considering a LTR with someone. A person who is driven and has goals and ambition are normally more attractive than someone who wants to stay home and spend your money lol

Old 10-08-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I've met some bitter men that have had some poor choices in women come back to bite them in the @ss, and, rather than try to learn something from that experience, they extrapolate the characteristics of the one who screwed them over to "all women".
This is true. HOWEVER, it's funny because I've seen many women on here throw around the "bitter men" line and yet they don't talk about the "bitter women." Like, if a man has a problem with gold-diggers, women predictably run over and start saying "oh, another bitter man who didn't learn his lesson, ha ha!" Then, some woman will have a problem with a man sleeping with her and then dumping her and no woman is like "oh, another bitter woman who made a poor choice that bit them in the @ss and didn't learn her lesson, ha ha!"

Old 10-08-2013, 06:45 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
Gold-digging can be relative. A kid just out of college could call a woman a gold-digger in that situation if she was currently unemployed, for example, and not be wrong. At any rate, this seems to be the most common fake rebuttal I've seen so far because it keeps coming up. "People who call people 'gold-diggers' are mostly broke." Again, that's just an extension of the argument that "no women are gold-diggers," which is laughable.
It would be wrong if that woman isn't actively pursuing a man to provide her with unlimited material goods and a lavish lifestyle, which is what a gold digger is!

All over this forum there are guys are worried about gold diggers and IMO, quite frankly, it translates that they simply don't want to spend their money on anyone but themselves, and if they were to spend on another, they expect something out of it.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:46 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
I'm pretty well off and am financially comfortable. When it comes to dating women, I don't mind spending some $ to go out and have good time whether it be dinner or a vacation. What I won't tolerate though is a woman who expects it all the time rather than appreciate it and reciprocate every once in a while. Especially if she has the means to do so.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It would be wrong if that woman isn't actively pursuing a man to provide her with unlimited material goods and a lavish lifestyle, which is what a gold digger is!

All over this forum there are guys are worried about gold diggers and IMO, quite frankly, it translates that they simply don't want to spend their money on anyone but themselves, and if they were to spend on another, they expect something out of it.
It's funny because you view it as "men don't want to spend their money on anyone but themselves." Which basically is the same as "men don't want to spend their money on me." Like, what are you bringing to this? "Well, uh ...he gets to spend money on me." Oh, OK. That's fantastic! Or "he gets to sleep with me." OMG, your you-know-what is made of gold! Nobody could ever get that anywhere else!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships