Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 03:45 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times

Advertisements

most men who have deep pockets can sense a gold digger a mile away, but they would never complain, because they know exactly what they're after, and is more than willing to give. in general, its really no different than prostitution.

i assume, guys that complain aren't so financially fortunate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 03:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post

any lets be honest here, many many women won't date a guy unless he is financially stable or secure. cal lit what you want (ambition, character, potential, whatever), these women are measuring his worth as a man by his financial resources. can you blame them? certainly not if they have the looks, body, and personality to be worth their weight in gold.

See - that right there is not really accurate. Wanting someone who enjoys what he does, doesn't spend money he doesn't have, doesn't have excessive debt (as in credit card and such - I don't mean student loans or a mortgage payment), isn't a big gambler, etc. - is NOT measuring a man's worth by his financial resources. It most certainly is about character. I would expect that most men would have similar standards in women.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
you know, as I sit here biting into my apple, I wonder if I've ever thought about gold-digging women.

And the answer to that is no, I haven't. Mostly because I don't have that much money for them to spend, and even more important, I think the vast majority of women-at least in 'Merica since I've never lived anywhere else, aren't looking for men specifically with lots of money. Most women think deeper than a man's pocket books.

Edit: This apple is delicious. mmmm.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:56 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
most men who have deep pockets can sense a gold digger a mile away, but they would never complain, because they know exactly what they're after, and is more than willing to give. in general, its really no different than prostitution.

i assume, guys that complain aren't so financially fortunate
true dat.

just like beautiful woman who knows she has all eyes on here, so do wealthy men.

but there are also many frugal men who are wealthy. one of my best friends will stay at a super8 motel instead of the hilton he can readily afford. interestingly, he did his best to avoid women he didn't deem had the values to deal with his financial status as he would like (grew up with little). and he ended up marrying a middle class woman from latin america. total sweetheart.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:01 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
I think men who complain about women being gold diggers fall into two broad categories:

1) Guys who date incredibly shallow and materialistic women, never recognizing that they themselves fall into that category. Then they act shocked and butthurt when the materialism rises to the surface.

2) Guys who are lazy and unambitious and take umbrage when their S/Os get tired of the wolf being at the door all the time.

Last edited by cpg35223; 10-07-2013 at 04:12 PM..

Old 10-07-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
See - that right there is not really accurate. Wanting someone who enjoys what he does, doesn't spend money he doesn't have, doesn't have excessive debt (as in credit card and such - I don't mean student loans or a mortgage payment), isn't a big gambler, etc. - is NOT measuring a man's worth by his financial resources. It most certainly is about character. I would expect that most men would have similar standards in women.

well good try but we are saying slightly different things. there is clearly a difference between a man who lives within his means and a man who is "financially secure and stable". if that were the case, why don't women just describe as you stated above. or are we using code words?

be honest, is a man more attractive if he has greater wealth?

take the same joe with and without wealth, i'm certain almost all women will take joe with wealth.

just like guys, take the same "nice personality" jane with and without her looks, and you know the answer to that one.... what's the shame in admitted that?

Old 10-07-2013, 04:20 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
any lets be honest here, many many women won't date a guy unless he is financially stable or secure. cal lit what you want (ambition, character, potential, whatever), these women are measuring his worth as a man by his financial resources. can you blame them? certainly not if they have the looks, body, and personality to be worth their weight in gold.
Many women will say money/looks doesn't matter, and that personalty is priority number one. That's true, because being financially successful/responsible with money is part of a mans personality. lol

Old 10-07-2013, 04:21 PM

^^^^of course "being a successful man" is part of the personality!

Old 10-07-2013, 04:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
^^^^of course "being a successful man" is part of the personality!
But then you have to define successful.

To me, that doesn't mean 'has money' or 'has power' or anything else along those lines.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:24 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Many women will say money/looks doesn't matter, and that personalty is priority number one. That's true, because being financially successful/responsible with money is part of a mans personality. lol

Men want woman who are driven and who have goals just as much as women want men who are driven. Simple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships