Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 11:11 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times

Advertisements

Maybe she's a bit hungover too. Just relax man.

At least you got out. Heck some of the patrons may even remember you when you go back to that bar after buying them a drink. You should go back and have another good time this weekend or something. You might even run into her again. Just calm the hell down and enjoy life man! You could have hung out with Rosie Palm all night but instead went out and lived a little. Good for you!

Old 10-09-2013, 12:29 AM

115 posts, read 151,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Maybe she's a bit hungover too. Just relax man.

At least you got out. Heck some of the patrons may even remember you when you go back to that bar after buying them a drink. You should go back and have another good time this weekend or something. You might even run into her again. Just calm the hell down and enjoy life man! You could have hung out with Rosie Palm all night but instead went out and lived a little. Good for you!

Old 10-09-2013, 01:53 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Yup. You don't know what's going on in her life.

You seem like a very happy go lucky guy.

Don't let the opinions of others influence you.

Too much negativity and pessimism should be the last opinions to cloud your judgment on what seems like a good connection (drunk or not).

It's not like you both got buck naked on the sidewalk and regretted drunk sex. Was just conversation. Mgosh!

Maybe she's a bit shy too, otherwise, she wouldn't need alchy to feel less inhibited.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:05 AM

197 posts, read 232,330 times
I didn't say don't pursue. I said relax and have fun. You didn't do anything wrong by talking with her or anyone else willing to speak with you. You followed up with a couple of texts, fine. If you don't get a response, let it go. Instead of going out with the purpose of getting into a serious relationship, go out with the intent to enjoy yourself. The relationship will come to you in time, usually it happens when you are perceived as not being needy, in other words having self confidence. Enjoy the ride, the destination will come in time..

Old 10-09-2013, 11:51 AM

21 posts, read 13,724 times
Make room for other women, because this particular girl can go away in an instant and cut off all communication. Have other options, and be sure to mention them if she were to pull away.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:52 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
too eager my man. Ease up and act like you've been there before. Right now you should be focusing on wether this particular girl is meeting your standards and requirements, not whether she answers your text.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
too eager my man. Ease up and act like you've been there before. Right now you should be focusing on wether this particular girl is meeting your standards and requirements, not whether she answers your text.
Thing is, I haven't been here before. I'm 41 and never had a gf, if you can believe that. Anyways, she still hasn't responded. So I guess that's considered a fail.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:34 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Default ya ya yaaaahhh ya-ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_311 View Post
That's it! She's the one. I fell in love tonight. I didn't think it was possible. I went to a bar tonight. I played some pool. I was at the bar for 8 hours. And I met this girl. We were both so into each other. We talked all night long. She gave me her number. We texted all night. We hung out, we talked. This is it. Finally I know what i want.
Quote:
I really need to rename this thread something more appropriate. Something like "I'm Really Hungover!" or "I'm Really Pathetic" or "I Just wasted $150 and an evening of my life trying to be a normal person and failed miserably." I'm never going out again and there's no way this girl would ever talk to me sans alcohol. All those of you who told me to get out my house and do something, that was terrible advice. Thanks for nothing.
/me looks at OP's join date.

/me sings along

Old 10-09-2013, 12:55 PM

You really think I come on here and just make up stories? Why? Aren't troll stories supposed to make people mad? I would be a horrible troll because I don't really have anything to tell that would upset anyone, except me maybe.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:09 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Thing is, I haven't been here before. I'm 41 and never had a gf, if you can believe that. Anyways, she still hasn't responded. So I guess that's considered a fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships