Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 10:30 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aseatednight View Post
I saw this on the dailymail the other day. I wish I understand what they were saying. Anyway, apparently the girl was arrested for public misconduct or something. China does not play

If you can get past all the stupidity in the comments on YouTube, a few people there tried to translate. It seems that the slapper was accusing him of cheating, or attempting to cheat, with the other woman who was standing there, who may or may not have been her cousin or best friend. Someone explained something about him walking the other woman home and trying to put the moves on her, and that his pleading had to do with begging the girlfriend to believe his innocence and imploring the other woman to come to his defense because nothing happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 11:35 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
We have all types of Asian (major differences between the countries) women here, some raised, some recent, but one thing is certain: beneath the submissive veneer is a woman who is very set in her ways, very determined, and much more fiery than you would expect.

That's in general, so sure you can find someone submissive, but same goes for Westernized countries, so it is no different. I've done business with Chinese women, all demure and downcast eyes, and they will negotiate like a champ and fight you for every dime. Filipina's are quite feisty in general, etc., etc.

A lot of guys get caught up in the stereotype, because they have no experience with the reality.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-12-2013, 06:58 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
My wife is Chinese from Singapore. She is anything but subservient. At the same time she doesn't "rule the house" and I have no horror stories. What I have is someone who is the kindest person I've met and one of the most efficient money managers I've ever seen. I've told her she is the CFO of the house. And no, I don't have to ask her if I want to spend money.

We make joint decisions on large purchases (furniture, cars, homes) as it should be. She set up a budget and after being married to her for 27 years, she has put us in excellent financial shape.

Plus, she's HOT.
Bruddah she have a sistah?

Old 10-12-2013, 07:10 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
We have all types of Asian (major differences between the countries) women here, some raised, some recent, but one thing is certain: beneath the submissive veneer is a woman who is very set in her ways, very determined, and much more fiery than you would expect.

That's in general, so sure you can find someone submissive, but same goes for Westernized countries, so it is no different. I've done business with Chinese women, all demure and downcast eyes, and they will negotiate like a champ and fight you for every dime. Filipina's are quite feisty in general, etc., etc.

A lot of guys get caught up in the stereotype, because they have no experience with the reality.
Well my first girlfriend was japanese in Hawai'i, all i can say was she was very kind and quiet both in public and in private. And she was very nani(gorgeous). But it wasn't a very long relationship, her ohana moved back to Japan. It could be that i didn't do anything to make her really angry either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships