Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2013, 06:53 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
They don't owe single parents anything. But a mature adult will not demean them nor would an adult scoff at your preference.
Exactly... There's nothing wrong with having preferences, just don't be an a$$ about it and demean people, REAL adults know how to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 07:05 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Is the single parent who adopts looked at the same way as the single mom who birthed kids?

I'm just interested if they are treated the same

Old 10-12-2013, 07:08 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
For sex? Probably so. For a real relationship? Hell no. At least not any desirable men anyway.
Yes,they wanted her for a real relationship.

Ex: I was a lonely 18 year old wishing for a date,and she had plenty.
According to CD land,I should have had plenty of dates,and she should have been dateless,but it didn't work that way,not in my world anyway.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:40 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times
Quote:
I am sick of this attitude that single people owe single parents special consideration just because they are single parents. My rejection of single parents is no different than if I rejected you for being highly religious, being under 5'3, driving a BMW, or not having a HS diploma. The thing all those have in common? You have something I do NOT want to deal with nor am I obligated to deal with. In dating, people are going to reject you for the basis of being a single parent. Adults understand this.
I really couldn't give a crap what you think of MY OPINIONS or MY COMMENTS. They are mine. I don't like your attitude personally I find it appalling but who cares?

Old 10-12-2013, 07:56 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,795 times
Quote:
I am sick of this attitude that single people owe single parents special consideration just because they are single parents. My rejection of single parents is no different than if I rejected you for being highly religious, being under 5'3, driving a BMW, or not having a HS diploma. The thing all those have in common? You have something I do NOT want to deal with nor am I obligated to deal with. In dating, people are going to reject you for the basis of being a single parent. Adults understand this.
I agree with this. I've seen single parents belittle people who don't want to date them, on these boards and elsewhere. I've seen men that don't want to date single mothers referred to as "little boys", and women who didn't want to date single dads as "ugly b*tches that weren't worth it anyway". Is that really fair? I've been rejected for things such as my hair color, but you can't please everyone. Just keep it movin' until you find someone that can accept you for you, no matter what.

And sometimes, honestly, it's not just that someone has a kid. Sometimes I think that's a convenient scapegoat if someone is unsuccessful at dating. Maybe the person doesn't know how to balance their time, or they can't manage the baby mama/daddy drama, or something else. It's not the kid's fault. Kids depend on their parents to provide for them because they can't exactly fend for themselves. It's just easier to use the kid as a reason for the rejection than a deficiency in the parent, that's all.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:58 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I really couldn't give a crap what you think of MY OPINIONS or MY COMMENTS. They are mine. I don't like your attitude personally I find it appalling but who cares?
Obviously you do since you took the time and invested some emotion to comment on it.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:40 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Exactly... There's nothing wrong with having preferences, just don't be an a$$ about it and demean people, REAL adults know how to do this.
Yes, this is a very important thing. But many people are actually "feeding" upon making other people nervous, miserable, or driving them to a nervous break if needed. That's their spiritual food and those people are just like that. If you ever date such person and he/she acts towards you like that, it's time to move on. Unfortunately they learn how to hide it well and they show their true nature only when you're somehow "locked" in a relationship with them via some way of coercion.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:52 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
I've had to just give up on finding a woman without kids. Now I look for a woman with no more than one kid. I'm currently dating two who each have one kid. One of them seems to have too much ex-husband drama, and her daughter is 10. The other has a 3 yr old daughter and the Dad is out of their lives. I'm very interested in her. Anyway, living where I do now, I have no choice but to date women with kids.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:08 AM

878 posts, read 942,087 times
I've read finding CF women in OKC is impossible, as well, but I have no first-hand experience.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:13 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
...are most of you fairly young? Do you think you will still feel the same way in 20 years if you haven't found someone?

I ask because I recently came across an interesting statistic: in the US, the percentage of heterosexual women over 35 who have never had children is only about 18%. And that, believe it or not, is significantly higher than it was 30 years ago.

That means if you reach your late-30s/early 40s and are still single, your chances of finding a woman without children is pretty small. If you maintain your determination never to date anyone with kids, you'll have to eliminate over 80% of women your own age from your dating pool before you even get into questions of mutual attraction, compatibility, etc.

If that time comes, will any of you reconsider?
This depends on the Race.

You will find many women who are single with no kids if they are Asian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships