Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 10:24 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
If lil old men like me, does that mean young guys like me but they're just too pussyfoot to say anything?
Good chance. Most young men today don't have the balls those older guys had in their better days

Old 10-09-2013, 10:26 PM

115 posts, read 151,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Most young men today don't have the balls those older guys had in their better days
Hey, when those young men get 4 beers and 3 shots in 'em, they got ballz the size of Jupiter.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:47 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,441 times
Quote:
Ya see, I'm 19.

I'm tall and I'm thin and I'm awesome, I would also like to be with someone who is tall, not fat, and awesome. Oh, and young! Older than me, but acceptably older. And it's not that I attract older men that bothers me, it's the type of older men. It's not the cultured and debonair(does this even exist outside movies?) types, it's always the sloppy old dope who feels the need to remind me how fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine I am.

I rather put up with a guy my age doing this crap, because at least that's what I'd expect.

Plus, if I were to be with an older guy he has to be the type that looks significantly younger.

I've been attracting older men since I was 16 (pretty standard age to be preyed upon) and in the beginning it was cool beans, but now it's like Ugh! I just don't like it anymore. How do I make it STAHP?

If lil old men like me, does that mean young guys like me but they're just too pussyfoot to say anything?
Learn to develop a "b*tch shield" and how to turn it on or off with old farts. That's your solution and good looking women usually learn to develop and use it at your age or in high school. Attracting guys your age is a different story cuz there are a lot of other good looking women in your age group to choose from. For example, when i look now at the type of girls i passed up many many times when i was that age, i think i must have been crazy. i was doing stupid micro-discriminating preferences, totally idiotic. from this older vantage point, i had know idea women were at their prime physically between 18-25 (for me as a young man looking for sexual experience).

Last edited by nokiddin; 10-10-2013 at 12:01 AM..

Old 10-10-2013, 11:58 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Ya see, I'm 19.
Welcome to womanhood in a patriarchal society. I suggest you take a seat, get out your notebook or tablet, and take notes.

1. Do not make eye contact with men who are staring at you or obviously trying to get your attention if you are not interested in conversing with them. Do not feel compelled to smile at a man just because he looks at you. Smiling at them is a signal to them that you are open for approach.

2. I see you're the OP on the thread in Non-Relationships about men who tell women who are strangers to them to smile. I hope that was informative and that you learned something there, because that fakey-arse "SMILE!" thing is really just creeptastic patriarchy in action.

3. If a man with whom you are not interested in conversing tries to make a bait-and-switch by asking you what time it is, for help, or for directions, respond to him as you would a coworker: Professionally. "It's 3:15/Oh, you're on the wrong side of the track--the other side goes to Silver Spring/Go three more blocks and make a left, and it will be about three doors down on the right side." Then go back to what you were doing.

4. Do not be afraid to pull out your phone and make a call or text, open a book or ereader, open a tablet or laptop, or put on headphones while you are on a plane, train, or bus. Many opportunists like to try to take advantage of having a captive audience should they sit down next to, or be seated next to, a woman.

5. If you travel frequently, and you have a tablet or laptop that you take with you, set the wallpaper/background to a picture of you and a brother/guy friend/male cousin. Also, keep some pictures of said guys in your phone, so that you can look at them should you sense someone is about to try to pick you up. A nosy man trying to look at your screen will see it and assume the man is a significant other.

6. Invest in a ring that looks like an engagement ring or wedding band if you travel frequently and want to be left alone, or just want to be left alone while out with your chick buddies. My friends and I had such rings that we would wear out on the town.

7. If all of these seem too defensive, then learn the art of the white lie.

"That's a pretty dress you're wearing/nice smartphone/interesting looking [whatever]."

"Thanks! It was a gift from my boyfriend."

Last edited by Lilac110; 10-10-2013 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: type much?

Old 10-10-2013, 12:36 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Thread closed due to off-topic chatting.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships