Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 04:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,939,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Get back to me in 20 yrs when you're in your 40's and have seen more things in life.
Lol....very true. At my old school we saw tons of pretty mom's with big daddy's.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,209,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Identical to the tone of your posts. Pot, have you met kettle?
You can see it that way if you want to. But I would say that the majority of people would agree that men care more about looks than women. And I would also say that the majority of men that put all the blame for everything on women are bitter.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:23 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,402,347 times
Yes, Llewelyn, you are just a victim of these modern times. Twenty years ago women went crazy for a short guy with a small wang. Maybe you can invent a time machine?

Old 10-10-2013, 04:29 PM

924 posts, read 1,647,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Yes, Llewelyn, you are just a victim of these modern times. Twenty years ago women went crazy for a short guy with a small wang. Maybe you can invent a time machine?
Hmm sounds like I wouldn't have done so well 20 years ago

Old 10-10-2013, 04:30 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,256,633 times
As always, blaming women for men's failings.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You can see it that way if you want to. But I would say that the majority of people would agree that men care more about looks than women. And I would also say that the majority of men that put all the blame for everything on women are bitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
As always, blaming women for men's failings.
let's put it this way. Women will always see it one way and claim to be the victim/better gender in this scenario, men will do the same, and neither will ever agree. And neither is objectively right, because perspective and bias and all that.

but really both genders seem to care equally since most couples are looks matched.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
let's put it this way. Women will always see it one way and claim to be the victim/better gender in this scenario, men will do the same, and neither will ever agree. And neither is objectively right, because perspective and bias and all that.

but really both genders seem to care equally since most couples are looks matched.
Where have I claimed the victim? Where have I said that women are the better gender? I think men care more about looks. I don't think that makes them shallower. I don't think that makes them worse. In fact, I'm happy that the guys that dated me and married me think I'm attractive. I wouldn't have been with a guy if he didn't find me attractive. I also wouldn't have dated him if he didn't think I was funny and smart - and realized that I was more than just my outward appearance. I wouldn't call any of the guys that I dated shallow just because they were first attracted to me for my looks.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Where have I claimed the victim? Where have I said that women are the better gender? I think men care more about looks. I don't think that makes them shallower. I don't think that makes them worse. In fact, I'm happy that the guys that dated me and married me think I'm attractive. I wouldn't have been with a guy if he didn't find me attractive. I also wouldn't have dated him if he didn't think I was funny and smart - and realized that I was more than just my outward appearance. I wouldn't call any of the guys that I dated shallow just because they were first attracted to me for my looks.
you seem(ed) defensive so I figured you were taking it personally

whatever we don't have to agree, this isn't going anywhere anyways

Old 10-10-2013, 04:43 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,402,347 times
Once again, the ones with the least experience screaming the loudest about how it really is.

You are in college. It's a Thursday. Are you gonna stay home and whine on the internet or are you going out?

Old 10-10-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
you seem(ed) defensive so I figured you were taking it personally

whatever we don't have to agree, this isn't going anywhere anyways
Not defensive. Not taking it personally. I've never had a problem attracting men. I've also dated men that ranged vastly in looks. I just don't really understand how anyone can say that women care about looks more than men do. And once again - this is not saying that men are shallower or more superficial. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.