Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 11:19 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times

Advertisements

Women are judged more on looks, men are judged more on economics. I'm not taking about dating, just society in general

No one cares if a woman is broke but when people refer to man as a loser, 9/10 they're taking about his wallet lets keep it real

Old 10-10-2013, 11:25 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Men will always approach women - and yes, more women are approaching men these days, but there will always be men out there who want to approach women. I don't know if it's nature or society or what - but all I know is that most of the men who approached me didn't do so because they were upset because I wouldn't approach them or they felt forced into it.

And I'm not saying that all women care about personality more than looks - I'm simply saying that, on the whole, women are not as visual as men are. Of course there are women that will date hot d-bags. I have a friend that continuously does that and doesn't understand why she always ends up unhappy.

Honestly, if any guy here wants to be a woman and see how much emphasis is places on our looks - I wish that it was possible. This is a great interview -
Dustin Hoffman on TOOTSIE and his character Dorothy Michaels - YouTube
Im not saying some women dont have it hard im saying undesirable men dont exactly have a cake walk either..Theyres no evidence that men are so muuch more shallower then women..

As i said youre average struggling undesirable womens complaint is she cant find the right one for a man its i cant find a first date its two different struggles..

Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Im not saying some women dont have it hard im saying undesirable men dont exactly have a cake walk either..Theyres no evidence that men are so muuch more shallower then women..

As i said youre average struggling undesirable womens complaint is she cant find the right one for a man its i cant find a first date its two different struggles..
But see - I don't think that being more visual makes you more shallow.

And there are many women that can't get a first date either.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:31 AM

924 posts, read 1,643,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Women are judged more on looks, men are judged more on economics. I'm not taking about dating, just society in general

No one cares if a woman is broke but when people refer to man as a loser, 9/10 they're taking about his wallet lets keep it real
Society in general is another story, I'm talking about dating value ITT.

I agree that society judges men more by their accomplishments

Old 10-10-2013, 12:51 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Things I've found the majority of women deem essential in their men:

-tall
-average sized dick
-masculine looking
-reasonably attractive face
-not obese/anorexic
-not balding

things most men deem essential in women:

-shorter than them (though really short men probably compromise)
-not obese
-reasonably attractive face
-feminine

Thoughts? I think the stigma of women caring less about looks is a myth, and they're actually in a position to be more choosy. Guys appreciate things like big boobs but rarely have I seen them considered a prerequisite

And yes, I realize these are generalizations, but then so is the stigma that men care more about looks than women.
women dont care about bald men some of them find it sexy. Depends on the guy. Yes women care about looks more then men do. Ita huge misconception that men care more when a girl wont even talk or want to be near a guy who she thinks is unattractive. Some of them actually attack unattractive men by laughing at them or trying to put them down just because they are unattractive. Women also care about personality more then men do to. Alot of people even women themselves get confused that they value personality over looks when thats not the case. ALL women care about LOOKs and Personality. ALL of them. The ones that dont are liars or dont know themselves. Women have a bad habit of saying one thing and doing something completely different. The difference between men and women is that guys will settle more and women very rarely settle and will always try to for the best looking and best fit personality for them that they can get.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
women dont care about bald men some of them find it sexy. Depends on the guy. Yes women care about looks more then men do. Ita huge misconception that men care more when a girl wont even talk or want to be near a guy who she thinks is unattractive. Some of them actually attack unattractive men by laughing at them or trying to put them down just because they are unattractive. Women also care about personality more then men do to. Alot of people even women themselves get confused that they value personality over looks when thats not the case. ALL women care about LOOKs and Personality. ALL of them. The ones that dont are liars or dont know themselves. Women have a bad habit of saying one thing and doing something completely different. The difference between men and women is that guys will settle more and women very rarely settle and will always try to for the best looking and best fit personality for them that they can get.
I need a aspirin.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:38 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Posts like this make me laugh. Either we agree with you or we are liars or clueless. So -basically - your opinion is the only opinion and anyone who says anything else is automatically dismissed. Okay.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:41 PM

924 posts, read 1,643,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Posts like this make me laugh. Either we agree with you or we are liars or clueless. So -basically - your opinion is the only opinion and anyone who says anything else is automatically dismissed. Okay.
Identical to the tone of your posts. Pot, have you met kettle?

Old 10-10-2013, 01:43 PM

33 posts, read 31,209 times
Both genders are looks oriented in varying degrees. But the stereotype is that women care about personality and income (ability to provide) and men go for youthful hot women. Although, I've honestly seen both good looking men and women date people who are considered ugly and below average. I have a male friend with model good looks think Abercrombie or Yuppie Clean cut in appearance who has a very interesting taste in women, these women aren't what would be considered universally attractive. But that's his tastes.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:49 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:

So that's my problem! I knew it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships