Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 09:05 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times

Advertisements

Humor is subjective. And intelligence is a booksmart thing and only matters if she's booksmart herself. Neither of those matter without looks.

The way I look at it, looks is not a part of a sum or a multiplier. It's more akin to a ticket into a sold out event. If you don't have ticket, you are not getting in. This goes for both sexes.

The only exception I would say is rich and powerful men, which are pretty rare.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:09 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Humor is subjective. And intelligence is a booksmart thing and only matters if she's booksmart herself. Neither of those matter without looks.

The way I look at it, looks is not a part of a sum or a multiplier. It's more akin to a ticket into a sold out event. If you don't have ticket, you are not getting in. This goes for both sexes.

eh I think intelligence is innate, knowledge is book smarts. also there's the whole emotional intelligence, social intelligence, etc. also humor is all about chemistry so I see why it matter

I take it you think you don't meet the looks threshold?

Old 10-10-2013, 09:10 PM
LW4

124 posts, read 156,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I want to say ew, but we're gamers so we've met some of the type. Your use of the word underlines my point, though.
Don't let it be. It was a "fill in" for a naughty word describing female genitals......

MEOW!!!

Old 10-10-2013, 09:12 PM
LW4

Quote:

No substitute for common sense and "street smarts".....

That's why the Doc keeps getting mugged.

"His dumb ass too dumb to pack a gat".

Old 10-10-2013, 09:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Lol

Old 10-10-2013, 09:37 PM
LW4

I could point out many links amongst CD forums who are classic examples of just that.

The guy has a masters degree and is a nuclear physicist, yet can't fathom WHY his car won't start.

Did ya check the battery dude?

"Well a duh, gee...never thought of that!" LOL

Old 10-10-2013, 10:49 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Things I've found the majority of women deem essential in their men:

-tall
-average sized dick
-masculine looking
-reasonably attractive face
-not obese/anorexic
-not balding

things most men deem essential in women:

-shorter than them (though really short men probably compromise)
-not obese
-reasonably attractive face
-feminine

Thoughts? I think the stigma of women caring less about looks is a myth, and they're actually in a position to be more choosy. Guys appreciate things like big boobs but rarely have I seen them considered a prerequisite

And yes, I realize these are generalizations, but then so is the stigma that men care more about looks than women.
From my experience and observation looks do matter for women more so than money or personality in my neck of the area. First thing women judge is the way you looj, but also the way you look physically, from having trimmed fingernails, to straight teetg or if not but white and facial symmetry. Women in my area can careless about a mans personality. Is having a degree from college going make you look good in their eyes or if you make an average of a 100k income? No. Women want a man they can desire and appreciate. Time and time again I see women chase and go googoo over guys who they find attractive even though they are semi attractive in looks. Also plentt of independent women live in the area and do not need a mans money, security or even stability at the moment, so therefore they go after guys who they feel physically and emotionally connected too. Again this is what I observed in my area, if I stepout of bounds and hangout or visit afflu ent areas, physical attraction goes out the window women, its money that counts. In creative neighborhoods its all about personality. What I also notice that women in my area have kids for men they find physically attractive but never marry and remain single. I tell guys, do not aim for average looking or below average looking women yourself because women like that may not want an average looking man themselves, however want a man they find physically attractive.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 10-10-2013 at 11:15 PM..

Old 10-11-2013, 06:57 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
Quote:

Generally speaking If a woman finds you attractive, she'll overestimate every Aspect of your personality. From your humor, to your intelligence, to your social skills

There was a thread with a study in it saying women find attractive men's jokes more funny and its true

Old 10-11-2013, 07:29 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Generally speaking If a woman finds you attractive, she'll overestimate every Aspect of your personality. From your humor, to your intelligence, to your social skills

There was a thread with a study in it saying women find attractive men's jokes more funny and its true
Maybe to an extent.

I think most people are fairly intelligent and most people have their own sense of humor and can be funny at least some of the time.

Women will pick good looking jerks who are just overall bad guys though. No question about that one.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:28 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,015,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

Your posting too much logic and realistic information on these forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships